Drinking Quotes

Post your favorite quips of wino wisdom here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Drinking Quotes

Post by Lush City »

"When you buy that special drink to save for last, you better have the stamina to last until that time. If you don't you better admit it to yourself and drink it first." -- Some guy I met in a bar
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Drinking Quotes

Post by Patchez »

"Last call. Saddest two words in the English language. Especially when no chick in here is drunk enough to fuck me."---Dean, notorious drunk and buddy of mine.

His most commonly used pick up line was to yell at the top of his lungs in between songs on the jukebox, " Anyone wanna get fucked, raise your hand!" Then he would raise his and look for ladies that had raised theirs.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What an inspirational new thread title, never seen such before.
Anyhow,
When I stayed at Palinka`s place, I went to a bar in midtown and he promised to follow shortly after.
Before P. arrived I got quite a good buzz going when the bartender approached me: "I think you`ve had enough!"
Me, without any knowledge of uk pub language: "No, not at all! Two more please then..."
They had to explain themselves and I went to sleep in the nearby park. The rest is history.
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Do not let a Mormon set your buzz level. They don't understand fucked up the way you and I do. They're just guessing and they're shitty guessers.-- Ron White.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Break it all down. - William S Burroughs
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!"
OR

"I DID WHAT?"
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Every good qoute has to start with: "I brought my drinking liver with me today..."
Drink!

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Freddie E on point

"All possible temptations, all allurements combine to bring the workers to drunkenness. Liquor is almost their only source of pleasure, and all things conspire to make it accessible to them. The working-man comes from his work tired, exhausted, finds his home comfortless, damp, dirty, repulsive; he has urgent need of recreation, he must have something to make work worth his trouble, to make the prospect of the next day endurable. His unnerved, uncomfortable, hypochondriac state of mind and body arising from his unhealthy condition, and especially from indigestion, is aggravated beyond endurance by the general conditions of his life, the uncertainty of his existence, his dependence upon all possible accidents and chances, and his inability to do anything towards gaining an assured position. His enfeebled frame, weakened by bad air and bad food, violently demands some external stimulus; his social need can be gratified only in the public-house, he has absolutely no other place where he can meet his friends. How can he be expected to resist the temptation? It is morally and physically inevitable that, under such circumstances, a very large number of working-men should fall into intemperance. And apart from the chiefly physical influences which drive the working-man into drunkenness, there is the example of the great mass, the neglected education, the impossibility of protecting the young from temptation, in many cases the direct influence of intemperate parents, who give their own children liquor, the certainty of forgetting for an hour or two the wretchedness and burden of life, and a hundred other circumstances so mighty that the workers can, in truth, hardly be blamed for yielding to such overwhelming pressure. Drunkenness has here ceased to be a vice, for which the vicious can be held responsible; it becomes a phenomenon, the necessary, inevitable effect of certain conditions upon an object possessed of no volition in relation to those conditions. "

"“To escape despair, there are but two ways open to him; either inward and outward revolt against the bourgeoisie or drunkenness and general demoralization.”"
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

"All possible temptations, all allurements combine to bring the workers to drunkenness...................
who ver said that wasn't a drunk

I just reread my post.....i must have been drunk when I postde it ...sorry
Image Image

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

fuond this along the way............

Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink-- under any circumstances.
- Mark Twain
Image Image

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

"If I'm going to go to jail for a drunk and disorderly, I may as well go ahead and shit my pants."

~ Overheard at the bar
DRINK!

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

Dear Booze wrote:"If I'm going to go to jail for a drunk and disorderly, I may as well go ahead and shit my pants."

~ Overheard at the bar
suonds like a Mr Lahey quoute...heres a nother

Randy: Cops and dope don't mix, do they Mr. Lahey?
Mr. Lahey: Like shit and strawberry shortcake, Randy.
Image Image

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

"I've never had alcohol poisoning, but I'm willing to give it the old college try."
~Allen Tyler, at The Press Box Bar & Grill. October 7, 2016.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

See Bitch, this guy has class
Drink!

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

oettinger wrote:See Bitch, this guy has class
Oh i get it like this
--Winston Churchill to Lady Astor; Yes, Madam, and you're ugly. But in the morning, I will be undrunk and you will still be ugly.
Image Image