Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Re: Hockey!

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:I can't wait to see Riley Cote kick some ass this year.
Damn straight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJPt8JhTcG8

Cote could be the best Flyer fighter since the great one, #21...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NENQFEyY ... re=related
Hockey's gotta stop going soft, though.
Its gay enough that they make you wear helmets now.
Bring back Craig MacTavish!
Old Time Hockey! Eddie Shore! Toe Blake!
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

devo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by devo »

tomodon wrote:A fan of the old badders eh? You're in good company http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3gj476pww

3-1 at Stamford Bridge no way. One goal will do it. Berbatov opens his account for the Red Devils. Incidently, Ashley Cole has taken over from Alan Shearer as the footballer I would most love to see get punched square in the face. If only you could get away with that in football like you can in hockey.

Outdoor hockey wouldn't work if it was pouring down though would it? Thought it was always in arenas...
yer lucky it wasn't 5-1. i do agree on a. cole. we should have never got rid of gallas. to keep it hockey, potvin still sucks.
"that's really a fine thing, when a man of god begins hanging around a place like this with a bunch of dirty drunks and gamblers. if he wasn't a chaplain," general dreedle muttered, "i'd have him taken outside and shot."

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

devo wrote: yer lucky it wasn't 5-1. i do agree on a. cole. we should have never got rid of gallas. to keep it hockey, potvin still sucks.
5-1?! Behave. Cashly does need a good beating, preferably off one of those Ultimate Fighting guys. Getting rid of Gallas was a big mistake. Him and Carvalho would have been the best centre-back partnership. Suppose Terry is immune from red cards though so that must help...

Oh, and hockey...no idea who Potvin is but I'll try to find out. Been struggling to get to grips with the NHL season structure and the whole 'two conferences and 3 divisions'. They seem to play each other just a random number of times before the play-offs! And wild card games?! Who came up with this system? A drunkard?!

devo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by devo »

anelka(that arsenal reject) missed 2 easy and joe cole missed 2 easier. to be fair, you should get 1 for that thug rooney's fuck-up, but it should have been 3 points for chelsea. guess that's why they play 'em. now let's see if we play down to stoke.

denis potvin was a cheap shot artist who played for the most hated islanders. he ruined a promising ranger's season with a criminal hack on ulf neilson many moons ago. he is still the subject of an organ led prelude followed by "potvin sucks" chants at least three times a game at madison square garden. not many fans know what its about anymore--just a few old timers holding onto the hate.

yeah, the regular season doesn't count for much save for a better seed in the playoffs. and almost everybody makes the post season. if your team misses the playoffs, they are truely awful.
"that's really a fine thing, when a man of god begins hanging around a place like this with a bunch of dirty drunks and gamblers. if he wasn't a chaplain," general dreedle muttered, "i'd have him taken outside and shot."

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Rip Rufus wrote: Old Time Hockey! Eddie Shore! Toe Blake!
Amen.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Hey! Get your soccer talk out of our hockey thread! Although, I'd like to join in the soccer talk when you do create a soccer thread...

I went to the Flyers-Hurricanes preseason game today. It was the in the old building, the Spectrum. It was the last NHL game to be played there, as it will be torn down at the end of the AHL Phantom's season. They did a real nice ceremony honoring past Flyers captain's. Then the Flyers went on to win 4-2. Two fights - Cote vs. Gilles (sp?) and Asham vs. Lacontour. Both good scraps. Bring on the regular season!
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

devo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by devo »

buy a porche hextall...buy a porcheImage

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Somehow I got Chicago's two stars - Kane and Toews, in my fantasy draft. And they were my 3rd and 4th forwards pciked, behind Alfredsson and Martin St. Louis. I think i did alright in the draft tonight.

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Illiniwek »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:I can't wait to see Riley Cote kick some ass this year.
Damn straight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJPt8JhTcG8

Cote could be the best Flyer fighter since the great one, #21...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NENQFEyY ... re=related
Hockey's gotta stop going soft, though.
Its gay enough that they make you wear helmets now.
Bring back Craig MacTavish!
Some would argue that there would be fewer cheap shots without the helmet and the confidence the helmet gives you.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Labatt_50 wrote:First OHL game of the season on right now, NHL is back in a couple of weeks, it can't get any better. Knocking back a lot of Blue tonight.
Hockey Night In Canada w/ Don Cherry ("I don't see why we gotta have all these European floaters in this league; just give me some Saskatchewan farm boys, a couple of good skaters from Quebec and a few of those tough, hard-working kids from Kingston, Ontario, doncha know.")
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Illiniwek wrote:Some would argue that there would be fewer cheap shots without the helmet and the confidence the helmet gives you.
I agree with that argument. Also, players used to police themselves. "Live by the cheap, Die by the cross-check". Now, cheap shot artists don't have to stand up for themselves. When used properly, goons are an effective way of keeping the opposition clean and honest.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:
Illiniwek wrote:Some would argue that there would be fewer cheap shots without the helmet and the confidence the helmet gives you.
I agree with that argument. Also, players used to police themselves. "Live by the cheap, Die by the cross-check". Now, cheap shot artists don't have to stand up for themselves. When used properly, goons are an effective way of keeping the opposition clean and honest.
And yet they try to tell you now that Derrian Hatcher is an anachronism.

Bull-shit!

I say little pussies like Sidney soggy-vagina Crosby should be served up a knuckle sandwich every time they wanna act like a punk.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:Hey! Get your soccer talk out of our hockey thread! Although, I'd like to join in the soccer talk when you do create a soccer thread...

I went to the Flyers-Hurricanes preseason game today. It was the in the old building, the Spectrum. It was the last NHL game to be played there, as it will be torn down at the end of the AHL Phantom's season. They did a real nice ceremony honoring past Flyers captain's. Then the Flyers went on to win 4-2. Two fights - Cote vs. Gilles (sp?) and Asham vs. Lacontour. Both good scraps. Bring on the regular season!
Two of my buddies were down there for the game. We were at a bachelor party for the Phillies. They came over afterwards. Said it was a blast. Very classy.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:
And yet they try to tell you now that Derrian Hatcher is an anachronism.

Bull-shit!

I say little pussies like Sidney soggy-vagina Crosby should be served up a knuckle sandwich every time they wanna act like a punk.
I love you.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Almost time now! Looking forward to Thursday. Booked my place on the couch and got loads of Kokanee beer ready (that might not make Thus though).

How's new 'nucks captain Luongo gonna get on? Who's gonna step up and help out the Sedins in offence?*

No idea what I'm talking about really