The difficulty of meat

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: The difficulty of meat

Post by Rumhead »

Rare, medium and well done are all a matter of opinion. When I order steak I always say "warm red center" or "cold red center." That way if they get it wrong I don't feel bad calling them on it.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Anywhere between 'knock the horns off'' and charcoal, and I will usually make do. At least, thats me in a resteraunt.
On my grill, things tend to get put on still kicking. And pulled off and eaten, kicking feebly...
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

At home, I slip the skillet on the gas, and wait until it just about burns a chunk of bread. Then, I toss the salted chunk of beef on board. Wait a few minutes, and turn it around. Wait a few minutes, and it's plate ready. It's not rocket science, folks. So how come so many eateries can't get it right? EH?
like tears in rain

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Rumhead wrote:Rare, medium and well done are all a matter of opinion.
actually there are specific times and temperatures for all of those in a restaurant. and while things do happen, if you're not a douchebag, feel free to politely refuse any food you find unacceptible. at a good place, they want you to be happy and come back.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk