Weidman vs Silva 2

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Weidman vs Silva 2

Post by Oggar »

Any fellow Drunkards watch this batch of immensely brutal fights? Travis Browne's destruction of Josh Barnett, I was a little torn on that fight I like Barnett but told Roomie before the fight "I think Browne is going to knock his head off." The Rousey v Tate fight, there was never really a doubt the Ronda was going to get that armbar. But that fight was just venom and technique. Miesha had some sick escapes and counters, the women's fights on the main card have all been clinics on technique. And of course the main event. I wanted to see Weidman score another KO on Silva. I think Silva used the clown act to devalue Weidman's victory in their first fight after realizing he was outmatched in the first round. So you knew you weren't going to see any of that bullshit this time around. But it was a shame to watch one of the best ever to step into the octagon possibly and probably close out his career on a horrific injury like that. I've seen it three other times over the years so when I saw him flop backwards like that after the kick I knew immediately what had happened.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Weidman vs Silva 2

Post by Bur »

I indeed did, it was eventful card to say the least. The judo showcase Ronda put together was rather spectacular. Your thoughts reflect mine pretty much 100%. Looking forward to future Weidman bouts as he still has pretty big shoes to fill.