The Future of Food?

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

The Future of Food?

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

From holographic chefs to intelligent knives, the future for food is looking weird (kale ice lollies, anyone?)...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The Future of Food?

Post by Patchez »

Interactive cocktail lounges
Logbar in Tokyo issues customers with iPad Minis upon entry. The menu is on the tablet, which you can also use to communicate with other drinkers and view, "like" and order what they're drinking. You can even invent your own cocktail and add it to the menu, earning a 50 yen (about 30p) commission when someone else buys one.

This I like. Especially the whole commission thing. Imagine having a shitty week, Friday rolls around, all your coin has been stripped from you by bill collectors. What a sorry fucking state. Then you remember it's been three months since your last visit to the Logbar. You pop in and 'lo and behold, you're drink is doing well and you've got $15 bucks and change on your tab. Hell I'd go in and order a few of my own drinks just to stock some coin away on my tab for a rainy day.
Alcohol-aware ice cubes
Keep one of these in your glass and it will warn you when you're guzzling too fast, and send a text message to a close friend if you ignore it. When you're drinking moderately, the cube flashes green in time with the ambient music. If you start drinking more quickly it moves to amber, and red is your final warning.
These little busibodies should mind there own fucking business.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

If you do it properly that stupid ice cube explodes
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I want the digital knife, that's cool, and an epic bar, though I reckon it can't ever be as epic as "Feast" ice lollies
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best