THE CHASIST

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: THE CHASIST

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:[I would call Stewart mon captitan, if only for his drumming, but not for his singing/screaming in anguish
Stewart? That capitan would be Picard.

Tea, earl grey, hot, extra whisky.

Actually, for me, it's Lapsang all the way. Strong enough for a man, or a woman, or a gorilla of indeterminate gender. Lapsang is not a tea, it's a food group.

I keep boxes of Taylors Lapsang on top of the fridge, and occasionally when I pass by, I wonder if something's on fire due to the wafting smell of smokey goodness.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

More Kraken and Coke was indicated, but my bag of party ice was all packed up. I just used an ASP baton as an icepick. It worked perfectly, and didn't even puncture the bag. The power to break bones is also a handy bartending tool. Live and learn.

Now, shrunken heads for all occasions. Collect 'em, swap 'em. Give them to your witch doctor friends.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

booznik wrote:. Strong enough for a man, or a woman, or a gorilla of indeterminate gender. Lapsang is not a tea, it's a food group.
Indeterminate gender? LMAO!

Now for some wintergreen tea leaves from out back near the mossy stones. Just came up from the ground.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Can you explain zat?

Can YOU explain zat?

NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN ZAT!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mistah Willies. oettinger! You are summoned to THE CHASIST.

Let the games continue, under the watchful eye of the evil telephones.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Kickstar my heart 80s cheesy as it gets, hand me that bottle while I chase this line of coke
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Kickstar my heart 80s cheesy as it gets, hand me that bottle while I chase this line of coke
mistah willies wrote:
I was once a drummer for a 'Murrican Band in the 80's.
That's mistah willies back there. He can really rock.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

The rum is taking me to just after the 80s

A wall had fallen in Germany, the world was in flux, I was young, and busy wearing out my Scorpions cassette tape. It was this year or the next that the USSR went tits-up. Double-whammy. The world they spent so many years teaching me about in school had suddenly changed at the drop of a hat.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:The rum is taking me to just after the 80s

A wall had fallen in Germany, the world was in flux, I was young, and busy wearing out my Scorpions cassette tape. It was this year or the next that the USSR went tits-up. Double-whammy. The world they spent so many years teaching me about in school had suddenly changed at the drop of a hat.
1960s Just put there a case of beer instead of stone and that wall does not happen... until the last bottle, screw cold war they said, shit is gettin heated!
Drink!

Username
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Username »

oettinger wrote:Oh yes the 80s, I can barely remeber them other than being born, and it`s getting shady there.
Thanks to a much older sister I was growing up to tunes like this Beds Are Burning by one hit wonders like Midnight Oil.
It's funny that you think The Oils are one hit wonders. They had a heap of hits here in Australia. Peter Garrett (the lead singer) was even a Member of the Federal Government from 2004 to 2013.

http://youtu.be/9QzH4KOf9Bs
whistling (whistling) whistling (whistling) dark (dark) dark (dark)

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Username wrote:
oettinger wrote:Oh yes the 80s, I can barely remeber them other than being born, and it`s getting shady there.
Thanks to a much older sister I was growing up to tunes like this Beds Are Burning by one hit wonders like Midnight Oil.
It's funny that you think The Oils are one hit wonders. They had a heap of hits here in Australia. Peter Garrett (the lead singer) was even a Member of the Federal Government from 2004 to 2013.

http://youtu.be/9QzH4KOf9Bs
That brings up a good point. I wonder what American or other bands were "One Hit Wonders" in Australia?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lets go Paula Abdul straight up.
Hit and run

Last time I heard about her she was pretty (oh shit what?) loaded on that idol crap, got my vote!
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Lets go Paula Abdul straight up.
Hit and run

Last time I heard about her she was pretty (oh shit what?) loaded on that idol crap, got my vote!
This song is one of the ones I remember vividly when it first came out, listening to top 40 radio and an energetic Casey Casem introducing the latest hits. I was glued to my radio. MJ's "Bad" is another. Life before the internets and phones you could carry around. What planet were we born on again? It didn't resemble this one.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:Lets go Paula Abdul straight up.
Hit and run

This song is one of the ones I remember vividly when it first came out, listening to top 40 radio and an energetic Casey Casem introducing the latest hits. I was glued to my radio. MJ's "Bad" is another. Life before the internets and phones you could carry around. What planet were we born on again? It didn't resemble this one.
I always ask my sister who was born 11 years before me! No atm-machines, no cell phones, no inet, no 24/7 stores etc... I mean, what bewildered face did you make when you first saw a wheel?
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

what was life like before colours were invented?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best