linux

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Re: linux

Post by daphne »

Nowadays, 8GB RAM is not so hard for the average CPU to handle, and it is cheap to have installed, and 8GB RAM can handle VMWare Workstation easily. The nice thing about Workstation is that you can have a few machines running inside of what you have now, and if you fuck them up, you can delete them and re-install them. I have a Debian (with SET), a Ubuntu, an XP and an unprotected Windows 7 machine (both for cracking), and the SIFT Workstation all set up inside this one laptop, and it's a measly 500GB hard drive with 8GB RAM.

I would recommend that you find Workstation 10 or 11 or later and download whatever Ubunto .iso you like and keep it up to date, if you have enough RAM to run it. Just make sure to choose a bridge connection during or after setup, so that machine can have its own IP address, if you are looking to fool around with it.

One of the things I like about Ubuntu is that it is so easy to download extras, what with the apt get command. And the best thing about Ubuntu is that you are not going to encounter the dreaded "You do not have permission to view/edit/access this folder/file" message that Windows seems to give at every turn. Ugh.
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Damn fine.

Ape-ologies from here, but there is something exquisite about high intelligence that gets my frontal lobes fired up.

Welcome back into the fold, and please help us to raise the level of discussion, and, *ahem*

mental intoxication.

yup.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Daphne, I would like to do all that. Is there a way this will work out itself while I drink vodka and browse the MDM board?
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Da fuq you say!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice