Shit we hate:

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Shit we hate:

Post by oettinger »

Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am
When there's dogs (or pets) in suspense and horror movies. You know it just isn't going to end well for them and I really hate that.
"Where the Red Fern Grows" really got to me when I was 10 years old.

It was horrible, because at the hatchet scene, they showed a bright white side bar on the drive-in movie screen for folks to take their little ones to the snack bar.

Damn.

Side note, I miss my hatchet.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Old Yeller.

The dog in the Road Warrior did a little better.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

The jagoff at work that frequently says "if you want perfection, get god on the phone". Gettin' mighty fuckin old I tell ya. Guy is one obnoxious douche.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

At signalized intersections they often have crosswalks with a little button you push to get you in the queue to walk accross the street. All of this is fine. It's a pretty efficient way of integrating pedestrians into the system made for automobile traffic.

What I hate is when I'm standing there and some asshole is standing next to the button and he/she keeps pushing it. Like they're playing a godammed video game and they're shooting some fucking space invaders. Seriously, you only need to push it once. 75 times does not make the walk/don't walk sign change any faster.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:56 pm
At signalized intersections they often have crosswalks with a little button you push to get you in the queue to walk accross the street. All of this is fine. It's a pretty efficient way of integrating pedestrians into the system made for automobile traffic.

What I hate is when I'm standing there and some asshole is standing next to the button and he/she keeps pushing it. Like they're playing a godammed video game and they're shooting some fucking space invaders. Seriously, you only need to push it once. 75 times does not make the walk/don't walk sign change any faster.
I know it looks dumb as hell. I do this several times a day. The only reason I can come up with is it gives me something to do while I stand there and watch all the douche bags drive by at top speed while playing on their phones.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:01 pm
Dear Booze wrote:

I know it looks dumb as hell. I do this several times a day. The only reason I can come up with is it gives me something to do while I stand there and watch all the douche bags drive by at top speed while playing on their phones.
In germany you don`t have to push the button just touch it. It works via electromagnetic induction. Still people are getting impatient and start slamming that thing violently. That stupidity pisses me off like nothing else
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

For real. Maybe we need to sport a crosswalk signal badge or vest or something to look official. Or maybe next time any of us sees someone rolling up to the crosswalk signal, let's just run past them shouting "My turn! My turn! My turn!" like a child and hover over it.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:31 am
scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:01 pm
Dear Booze wrote:

In germany you don`t have to push the button just touch it. It works via electromagnetic induction. Still people are getting impatient and start slamming that thing violently. That stupidity pisses me off like nothing else
That's hilarious. I never realized drivers were looking away from their phones long enough to notice people like me endlessly pushing the cross walk button out of boredom waiting for the little walking man to light up. I'll try to make a show of it from now on. Maybe a little dance.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:42 pm

That's hilarious. I never realized drivers were looking away from their phones long enough to notice people like me endlessly pushing the cross walk button out of boredom waiting for the little walking man to light up. I'll try to make a show of it from now on. Maybe a little dance.
Don`t piss me off!

TARGET AQUIRRED
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:16 am
scream ale wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Don`t piss me off!

TARGET AQUIRRED
HA! I'm pushing everyone's buttons!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Old Grandpa Arnold movies
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Anything having to do with the "red carpet".
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm
The jagoff at work that frequently says "if you want perfection, get god on the phone". Gettin' mighty fuckin old I tell ya. Guy is one obnoxious douche.
This made me laugh.

What about working dudes who, when you ask how they are, always say, "Oh, it's just another day in paradise." Why you gotta be bummed out all the damn time? Get some booze in your future -- it always gives me hope.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:25 am
scream ale wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm
This made me laugh.

What about working dudes who, when you ask how they are, always say, "Oh, it's just another day in paradise." Why you gotta be bummed out all the damn time? Get some booze in your future -- it always gives me hope.
I've always been a "Same shit different Year" guy myself.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice