Shit we hate:

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Shit we hate:

Post by Dear Booze »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:35 pm

In 1982, Clarke was working on re-fitting a houseboat, when he met drummer Phil Taylor, who had recently joined Motörhead.
Inaccurate. Both Fast Eddie and Philthy had been playing on Motorhead albums since the 1977 s/t album. Clarke joined in 1976 when Lemmy decided maybe two guitar players would be better. The original guitarist, Larry Wallis, quit after Clarke joined. The houseboat story may be true for all I know. Sorry, carry on with the hate.
No hate. I just thought it would be funny to copy and paste the wikipedia entry for Fast Eddie. I tend to think it's pretty funny to do that when I'm drunk.

I've never been a big fan of Motorhead, but I do have a pretty funny story about meeting Lemmy one time. I'll share it when I have a little time.
DRINK!

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:04 pm
Do you mean bands with logos that are near possible to read or people who know nothing of the band on their hoody?
Yes!

My kids (and lots of young'uns in their generation) wear band t-shits and hoodies that they know nothing about the band. I don't get it. I mean Nirvana and Metallica have awesome shirts but shit, at least download something by the band whose shirt your wearing...
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:42 am
scream ale wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:04 pm
Do you mean bands with logos that are near possible to read or people who know nothing of the band on their hoody?
Yes!

My kids (and lots of young'uns in their generation) wear band t-shits and hoodies that they know nothing about the band. I don't get it. I mean Nirvana and Metallica have awesome shirts but shit, at least download something by the band whose shirt your wearing...
when I was a kid we used to only buy band t shirts at shows....you had to be a fan to get one. I still think tour shirts are the only "real" band shirts.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:42 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:26 am
when I was a kid we used to only buy band t shirts at shows....you had to be a fan to get one. I still think tour shirts are the only "real" band shirts.
Yeah I remember a lot of stupid chicks always wearing stuff like "The Doors" in the 90's as if they knew any song but "Light My Fire" because retro bands like that was "cool". Buncha posers. I wore dumb shit of bands I liked but never made it to the concerts like "The Dead Milkmen" and "Mr. Bungle" but I actually listened to their music. Had some obscure ones too like "Siouxsie and the Banshees" and "The Smiths". (F U Brits I know you hate him).

If ya wanna pull the "cool" retro card with a band you know nothing about, do it in a comical way like Will Farrell did in "Stepbrothers". And I like PC. All two songs that I know of theirs.

***edit***changed the Doors song to "Light My Fire"

Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I adore the smiths....I do hate Morrisey though. I was just shocked you referred to them as obscure....they were HUGE here. Would still pack out every stadium here if they reunited.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

benitobeast69 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:49 pm
I adore the smiths....I do hate Morrisey though. I was just shocked you referred to them as obscure....they were HUGE here. Would still pack out every stadium here if they reunited.
And I would so be there if they reunited. They def had an alternative following in the US but I don't ever recall seeing anyone sporting "Smiths" apparel is what I shoulda said. Not in the sea of U2 "The Joshua Tree" shirt wearers.

And oh yeah, Pink Floyd was another trendy band whose apparel people would wear that I'm pretty sure most only knew only a few Billboard hits or maybe they saw "the Wall". Bunch o' fkin amateurs, to quote Walter.
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Morrissey is kind of a little bitch from what I've heard from him.

Still like his music.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Nausea wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 pm
Morrissey is kind of a little bitch from what I've heard from him.

Still like his music.
He is a little bitch and thedrunkardanglo and charlie explained to me on Skype in depth why and I totally get it, but 100% agreed, love his music both with the Smiths and solo.

Shit we hate...someone as talented as Morrissey bein' a little bitch.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Have to agree, I can appreciate the Smiths. But Whorissey is a most definitely a little bitch. And now he can enjoy being a wrinkled old twat looking back to his glory days.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I own all Motörhead albums.

Worst shirt worn by wannabe punks: The Ramones

They don`t even know that the Ramones suck!
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Ramones and Motorhead are my two favorites. The only Ramones albums I'm missing are End of the Century and Acid Eaters. The latter is complete shit and not worth getting.

Motorhead I am missing: Hammered, Overnight Sensation, Snake Bite Love, We Are Motorhead, Aftershock and Bad Magic.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:28 am
Hammered, Overnight Sensation
Both excellent, go get em
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Of the Motorhead I'm missing Hammered, We Are Motorhead and Bad Magic are at the top of my list to get. I'll get them all in time though.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Having to take what was practically an IQ test for a stocking position.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ That shit is just silly. The amount of nonsense you have to go through for the most basic of jobs is mind boggling. Who comes up with this shit?