how to escape to alaska

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: how to escape to alaska

Post by mistah willies »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:56 am
What's the state motto of New Hampshire again: "Live free or die fucking trying"
I believe it's "Duty-free booze. We split the difference with you."

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What`s the difference between alaska and siberia actually? Or mongolia? I bet you won`t get arrested for public intoxication over there.
I don`t know about digging shitholes everywere though, that might get you a nite in the shittank

I`d try kazakhstan, 50k might buy you a nice major`s office or something
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
What's the state motto of New Hampshire again: "Live free or die fucking trying"
More promising than the New York motto "The Empire of Shit State".

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I have a friend who lives in Anchorage and works for the State. In fact, I talked to him just last weekend. I don't think you'd last long in AK with only $50K in the bank. Everything has to be flown in, so everything is expensive, especially booze. And Anchorage has a big crime problem.

But it is a beautiful place. I plan to do a full blown tour a year from now for my 60th birthday. My buddy told me the time to be there is the summer solstice, which is only two weeks away, so that's why I'm shooting for next year. 20+ hours of sunlight per day and all that. I'm talking cruise, train tour, plane tour. The whole nine yards. I figure it'll cost me at least $5K. If I live to be 60!

But Huge, if you expect to receive SSD soon, which I gather you are based on your age, then why not become an expat? Can you speak Spanish? Then maybe Spain is for you. I hear you can live well in Barcelona for about $1200/month.

Bottom line. Don't go to AK Huge. You'd never survive the winter. You don't sound the type. But I think you'd do well in Spain. And they have water.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:06 pm
Badfellow wrote:
More promising than the New York motto "The Empire of Shit State".
North Dakota: "Onward to boredom"

West Virginia: "Coal miners paradise"

Florida: "America's penis, jizzing on the back of Cuba for 200 years"

Delaware: "We're bigger than Rhode Island"

Wyoming: "Windy because Utah blows and Nebraska sucks"
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm
I hear you can live well in Barcelona for about $1200/month.
Almost, but but BUT "don`t plan to party too hard" is like a big no you can`t
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Sammy wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm
I have a friend who lives in Anchorage and works for the State. In fact, I talked to him just last weekend. I don't think you'd last long in AK with only $50K in the bank. Everything has to be flown in, so everything is expensive, especially booze. And Anchorage has a big crime problem.

But it is a beautiful place. I plan to do a full blown tour a year from now for my 60th birthday. My buddy told me the time to be there is the summer solstice, which is only two weeks away, so that's why I'm shooting for next year. 20+ hours of sunlight per day and all that. I'm talking cruise, train tour, plane tour. The whole nine yards. I figure it'll cost me at least $5K. If I live to be 60!

But Huge, if you expect to receive SSD soon, which I gather you are based on your age, then why not become an expat? Can you speak Spanish? Then maybe Spain is for you. I hear you can live well in Barcelona for about $1200/month.

Bottom line. Don't go to AK Huge. You'd never survive the winter. You don't sound the type. But I think you'd do well in Spain. And they have water.
Holy fuck - Spain. I thought of that when I read a book called Garrets and Pretenders. It was about writers who would not work at a job but were always looking for cheap places to live. some of them found an island off the coast of Spain, but I just can't remember the name of it even though I googled it after reading the book. My Spanish is not so good, even though I live close to Mexico. These fuckers that were born and raised in California from Mexican families do not speak real Spanish. I ask them about words I hear on Mexican radio and they have no idea what I'm talking about. then I find out that they are simple Spanish words. But there is a huge difference in Spanish Spanish and Mexican Spanish. If I were going to run away from America, Spain would be it. but I'm too much of a chicken shit.

Hey, you are from Texas, you are supposed to be some sort of macho cowboy. Maybe you could get me up to Alaska until I settled in and could make it on my own. then you could return to Texas and brag about the sissy you helped acclimate to Alaska.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

And quit calling me Huge.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Shit popsicle. Where do you fuckers come up with this shit?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

what about the Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky? Tell me what you think about escaping to there? do you think it is a good place to hide?

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 am
So, Huge Pussy then? LOL

Drunk typo on my part. But KY is cool. I've been there. It's a good place to hide as long as you can speak redneck.

As for AK I have tentatively lined up a lady friend for that trip, and three is a crowd.

However, I've never been to Spain, so I could get you there, as long as you don't mind traveling in a large duffel bag, getting lethal doses of xrays, and don't move too much on that conveyor belt. That would draw attention. Alternatively, I could also put you in a large pet carrier, but then I'd have to prove you had your shots, and you'd be subject to quarantine upon arrival. You'll need to provide your own pet carrier and a copy of your Vet records if you choose that option.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:05 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 am
So, Huge Pussy then? LOL

Drunk typo on my part. But KY is cool. I've been there. It's a good place to hide as long as you can speak redneck.

As for AK I have tentatively lined up a lady friend for that trip, and three is a crowd.

However, I've never been to Spain, so I could get you there, as long as you don't mind traveling in a large duffel bag, getting lethal doses of xrays, and don't move too much on that conveyor belt. That would draw attention. Alternatively, I could also put you in a large pet carrier, but then I'd have to prove you had your shots, and you'd be subject to quarantine upon arrival. You'll need to provide your own pet carrier and a copy of your Vet records if you choose that option.
Just drop it at the lost and found
Drink!

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Hugh,
you are dreaming of a magnificent escape. This world is a small place, it depends on what are you looking for. Cheap place to live? You can find peace in almost any country. Specify your needs!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 am
what about the Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky? Tell me what you think about escaping to there? do you think it is a good place to hide?

Depends on from what or whom you're trying to hide.

If it's yourself, good luck. No matter where you go, there you are.

But If you're trying to hide from something like the the feds, the Russian mafiya or society in general, any old rural location free of poisonous snakes, shitcicles and other hazardous factors should do the trick. You can rent a cabin in the middle of fuckall nowhere for $200 a month living of ramen and juniper berries. Likewise, it's prudent to note than Kaczynski built his cozy shed in Montana for under $500 plus a little elbow grease.

Well, Huge. You obviously like to drink and have a good time, and you're looking to relocate. But the question begs: exactly how much bullshit are you willing to put up with in trade for the bullshit you have to put up with now?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 am

Depends on from what or whom you're trying to hide.

If it's yourself, good luck. No matter where you go, there you are.

But If you're trying to hide from something like the the feds, the Russian mafiya or society in general, any old rural location free of poisonous snakes, shitcicles and other hazardous factors should do the trick. You can rent a cabin in the middle of fuckall nowhere for $200 a month living of ramen and juniper berries. Likewise, it's prudent to note than Kaczynski built his cozy shed in Montana for under $500 plus a little elbow grease.

Well, Huge. You obviously like to drink and have a good time, and you're looking to relocate. But the question begs: exactly how much bullshit are you willing to put up with in trade for the bullshit you have to put up with now?
I don't like that question. And now that I've undrunkened up after starting this worthless thread (why are all the bad threads on this board started by me?) I realize the reason I can not escape to the desert or forest or tundra is because I have two molars that were filled when I was a kid which will eventually crack and get infected. The pain inflicted by abscessed teeth is too great to endure without a dentist nearby.

Hey, if I had boxes of wine and cans of food in a remote desert cabin, would the wine spoil and the cans explode in the heat? Just curious.