WOOHOO! Got out of jury duty

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Hugh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

WOOHOO! Got out of jury duty

Post by Hugh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm

And the boss doesn't know it yet. (Unless he reads Modern Drunkard forum.)

This shit started yesterday, it's like the trial of the century or something. The lawyers and judge were putting us through intense questioning.

It's a case of Mr. Crackhead raped Ms. Crackhead in a Motel 6. It gets a little complicated because Ms. Crackhead was only 17 years old at the time which added a charge of child endangerment in the mix. It got a little more complicated when we were told Ms. Crackhead would be testifying whilst wearing her prison orange jumpsuit because she's incarcerated. Poor Mr. Crackhead is looking at a long stint in the hoosegow, I wanted nothing to do with this case. I'm glad I got kicked off.

It was the prosecutor that kicked me off, but I can't really say with any certainty why she wanted me off. But I was the second juror she kicked off, so she really did not like me. During yesterday's questioning I told the judge that I had been arrested for a DUI, but plead no contest to a Wet Reckless. I also told them that I loaded trucks for a living. Something about that made the prosecutor want me out of there - she probably thought I was a Good Bro who would never convict another Good Bro of rape. If so, she was wrong about that.

Since my job pays me a full day of pay for being on jury duty, I get two days of pay. That is, unless I do something stupid and tell the boss that I got kicked off first thing this morning. And since I"m not going to do that, I GET TWO FREE DAYS OF PAY! I'll let him know later tonight that I'm returning to work next week.

The odd thing is - when the prosecutor called my name to be excused, I felt rejected. It was almost like I wanted to jump up and say, "Hey, you fucking cunt! You don't tell me to get the fuck out!" But I practically danced on the sidewalk when I got out of the building.

Defendants in this criminal justice system don't stand a chance will all those idiots sitting in the jury box. It doesn't matter how well the lawyers and judges try to prepare jurors for a trial. They are still fucking idiots.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: WOOHOO! Got out of jury duty

Post by oettinger » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:11 pm

Mr Crackhead will be burned to a carchoal on the chair thanks to your lazy ass.

Who cares, he is better off. Enjoy your trial free day
I do not remember posting that ^^^

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: WOOHOO! Got out of jury duty

Post by scream ale » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Congrats on getting off the hook. I got called about two years-ish ago. The bastards kept me there all goddamn day. I almost thought they'd decided to keep me around. Thankfully I was saved from having to take part in that idiot parade. Fuck jury duty.