fuck man i'm losing it

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: fuck man i'm losing it

Post by Badfellow »

Right on. Also thought you might appreciate a quick Sartrè is smartré take.

We always have options and the ability to create our own realities. For better, worse or otherwise.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

OH fuck no - I hate the guy Alain de Bottain or whatever the hell his name is. I googled him after watching a bunch of his videos and he acts like some subdued Tony Robbins-type guru. I'm talking he has music playing before he gives his lectures and shit like that.

And another thing - I ain't so sure I like that asshole Sartre, either. That's the problem with French philosophers - I can't figure them out. (I don't think it's MY problem.)

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

When Bukowski went to France to publicize one of his books, Sartre sent a message to him asking to meet. Bukowski refused. In one of Bukowski's letters, later after it all went down, he said he regretted it. BTW, there's is a video of Bukowski on the tour getting kicked off the set of the show where he was invited for an interview. He was so drunk, the host told him to get the fuck out. He could barely walk away.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:29 pm
And another thing - I ain't so sure I like that asshole Sartre, either. That's the problem with French philosophers - I can't figure them out. (I don't think it's MY problem.)
Hah, no. That's the French's problem. A true philosophy is only reached by one's own accords. And even then in it's perfected and polished form makes no sense to others.

But, you'd still think that polished piece of agate or turquoise was beautiful, and it is, without having to understand the eras of geology behind it or assay the very nature of the rock itself.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Yes, true. Those assholes put a lot of thought and introspection into their philosophies. But then there's some - and I'm speaking of some Austrian asshole whose name I can't remember right now - who did not give us a beautiful piece of polished stone when he was done. It was some jagged ass piece of worthless gravel. I can't help but wonder if that was his intent and he laughs at his acolytes.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

It's easy for assholes like me in the cheap seats to shoot our spitwads. Maybe if I met this Alain de Botton or whatever the fuck his name is, I would just say, "I love your stuff man, but stop trying to sell it." (And here I'm talking about the video I found of him doing a lecture with the goddamb music playing.) Of course they have to promote, or they won't be heard. But when I saw that it just turned me off. LIke I'm some puritan who has the right to enforce standards on someone else.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Fuck, man. You ain't losing it. You're fecund and exercising your brainspan. I gargle vodka toward the West Coast and your general direction.

Pigs in Zen

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:15 pm
Fuck, man. You ain't losing it. You're fecund and exercising your brainspan. I gargle vodka toward the West Coast and your general direction.

Pigs in Zen
JUst shared that on the timeline of a friend who has a puritanical zeal for hard rock.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

BAHAHAHA I ain't shittin you Badfellow - Facebook would not allow me to share that video! They said it goes against their standards on nudity

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hey - assholes - try to post badfellow's video on your Facebook and see what happens

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I just called the number of a bar I haven't been to in a while and I recognized the Mississippi accent. That means my favorite bartender is there. It also means I have to take a fucking shower. Later, assholes. Sartre and Badfellow can kiss my ass. I'm outta here.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I trust Facebook like I trust a Russian landmine.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Friday I felt much like Hugh. Total blackout halfway into the Skype show.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Why do I always miss these threads...

Fuck, I AM like Tootles!
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'