How old are you

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Burning question:

Post by Savage »

How old do you feel? Not, how old are you, but how old do you feel?

Grumpy was grumping and groaning, and the horrible truth came out: he feels older than he actually is.
I hadn't thought about it, so I had much soul searching and so forth to do, considering my latter day unpleasant health issues and so forth.
(Oops, I said so forth twice. Sorry. )

Tally: Grumpy feels 65. He is 59. Savage settled on 30*. She is 52.
*she would have shot for 20, but there is all the maturity and angst of childbearing and all that sort of thing.

So, how old do you drunkards feel? And how old are you, actually? Yes, that applies to you sweet young things too. I felt much more grown-up than my fellow kidlets, when I was a schoolgirl. Perhaps I am doing a Benjamin Button.*
*not the movie. I read the story when I was a little girl, okay? but I will see the movie someday. brad pitt is cute.
like tears in rain

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Burning question:

Post by BigDog49 »

I am 24 and feel like a spry 22 year old.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

24. Feel around 50.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Ooh, that reminds me of Jim Morrison, who in his mid-twenties, was asked how old he felt, and said some impossibly ancient age that he never managed to attain.
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

I'm 45, but feel like 35.I have the experience of a 45 year old, and the gusto of a 35 year old. With regards to boozing, that is.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

It depends on who's around, weither I'm wearing a uniform or not etc...
Let's say an average 28.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Savage wrote:Ooh, that reminds me of Jim Morrison, who in his mid-twenties, was asked how old he felt, and said some impossibly ancient age that he never managed to attain.
I hear that. MR. MOJO RISIN'!!

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

I'm 22, but I feel much older. Maybe around 50 or so. Maybe 70. I think I'm more bitter and cynical than most people my age, tend to hate new trends,tired all the time, never have any energy, and I don't really enjoy activities that most in my age group do. My ideal evening, generally, is sitting around in the dark drinking bourbon and listening to music. Can't wait to see what old age brings.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

Fabricsoftner wrote:I'm 22, but I feel much older. Maybe around 50 or so. Maybe 70. I think I'm more bitter and cynical than most people my age, tend to hate new trends,tired all the time, never have any energy, and I don't really enjoy activities that most in my age group do. My ideal evening, generally, is sitting around in the dark drinking bourbon and listening to music. Can't wait to see what old age brings.
He... Needs... To... Get.. Laid... Big Time.

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

BigDog49 wrote:
Fabricsoftner wrote:I'm 22, but I feel much older. Maybe around 50 or so. Maybe 70. I think I'm more bitter and cynical than most people my age, tend to hate new trends,tired all the time, never have any energy, and I don't really enjoy activities that most in my age group do. My ideal evening, generally, is sitting around in the dark drinking bourbon and listening to music. Can't wait to see what old age brings.
He... Needs... To... Get.. Laid... Big Time.

Haha this is true. Or maybe I could just use a drink.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

BBoozer wrote:I'm 45, but feel like 35.I have the experience of a 45 year old, and the gusto of a 35 year old. With regards to boozing, that is.
I remember when 35 seemed elderly to me. Now, I have a stepson that is 36
like tears in rain

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

i will be 27 tomarrow, but i feel like i am 45 or so. my old lady says i always do "old man stuff" what ever that is.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

What he said. When people learn what I like to do, I'm sometimes called "an old soul". I'm 23

On the other hand, I love living in the future and am counting on it to cure every disease I will probably die of. I want to start drinking at 10AM when I'm 125.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

DeeboCools wrote:
What he said. When people learn what I like to do, I'm sometimes called "an old soul". I'm 23

On the other hand, I love living in the future and am counting on it to cure every disease I will probably die of. I want to start drinking at 10AM when I'm 125.
Now there's something that's worth striving for!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Miklo wrote:i will be 27 tomarrow, but i feel like i am 45 or so. my old lady says i always do "old man stuff" what ever that is.
I think it means groaning when you get out of bed or climb out of your barcalounger, taking a really long time to piss, and spending a lot of quality time with your rotary nose hair trimmer--don't forget the ear hairs!
Last edited by Savage on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
like tears in rain