People we miss

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: People we miss

Post by ruiner »

All of you drunks, really. It was an awfully good time, wasn't it? I keep coming back here to browse, but I never know where to begin. That's not the fault of the current board residents, merely my absence. I've lost the thread. I'm happy it is still here though.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

ruiner wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:05 am
All of you drunks, really. It was an awfully good time, wasn't it? I keep coming back here to browse, but I never know where to begin. That's not the fault of the current board residents, merely my absence. I've lost the thread. I'm happy it is still here though.
Welcome back and just jump right in anytime, anywhere. The company of the O.D.'s. (Original Drunkards) is always appreciated. Cheers!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ruiner wrote:
The board is alive and doing well. We`re young, drunk, irresponsible and hungry for more booze shenanigans

I personally miss Lemmy and Doctor Gonzo, both would have wise words to share about this covid paranoia
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

The Macho Man.
Hey Savage, are you related to him? Same last name. Or is Savage your first name? Or maybe you are just one name like Sting. or Cher. But wait I guess Chere had a last name when she was married. Cher Bono. But then I think she married Greg Allman. Allman > Bono. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
Saturday morning wake-n-bake.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:12 am
The Macho Man.
Or maybe you are just one name like Sting. or Cher. But wait I guess Chere had a last name when she was married. Cher Bono. But then I think she married Greg Allman. Allman > Bono. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
Madonna. You forgot Madonna. And Prince. Stupid U2 Bono. Moby. And Yanni. Can't forget Yanni. And Badfellow. Morrissey. And oettinger.

I would love a Sat a.m. w & b, eff yeah! We could play this game all day.
Okole maluna!

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

ruiner wrote:
This right here is a good place to begin, ya glorious bastid! How you been?
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ruiner wrote:
The best way to return is drink till drunk then post away.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

waahoohah wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:05 am
ruiner wrote:

Well I suppose. I'm learning French for no good reason. Crystal and the kids are more than I could've ever asked for. Judge and Mrs. Judge are making sure we don't fuck it up too bad. Mississippi has treated us yankees and westerners better than we could ask for.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:12 am
The Macho Man.
Hey Savage, are you related to him? Same last name. Or is Savage your first name? Or maybe you are just one name like Sting. or Cher. But wait I guess Chere had a last name when she was married. Cher Bono. But then I think she married Greg Allman. Allman > Bono. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
I do not know this Macho Man you speak of. I am the once and future Savage. May I borrow a cup of ice? Grumpy has depleted our supply.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Sorry. Internet is difficult for old lady.
Last edited by Savage on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:54 am
Also, I miss my beloved cat. 23? years old, 20 ++ pounds. One time,on a road trip (She in a kitty harness because I didn’t fancy chasing her through Deliverance country), a girl at a gas station screamed like some horror-movie chick. OMG(awd)! That girl’s got her a wildcat!

Well, to be honest, if I had possessed a tail, I would have been lashing it too and growling.
When she leapt into my arms and flung her front legs around my neck, it was like being sandbagged.
like tears in rain

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

ruiner wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 am
waahoohah wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:05 am
ruiner wrote:

Well I suppose. I'm learning French for no good reason. Crystal and the kids are more than I could've ever asked for. Judge and Mrs. Judge are making sure we don't fuck it up too bad. Mississippi has treated us yankees and westerners better than we could ask for.
Doing good, sounds like. Glad to hear it!
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Why?

Post by Savage »

Twice my own body tried to kill me, but I'm still alive. So many wonderful people left us too soon. I really need to go to bed, but what if Grumpy wakes up and hurts himself (again.)

There's not enough bourbon in the world to erase the memories of those we've lost.
like tears in rain

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Why?

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Savage wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:56 am
Twice my own body tried to kill me, but I'm still alive. So many wonderful people left us too soon. I really need to go to bed, but what if Grumpy wakes up and hurts himself (again.)

There's not enough bourbon in the world to erase the memories of those we've lost.
True, but I don't wish to forget those people, I want to carry them with me always, and so I drink to remember

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I miss Trump

Post by OldDale »

We had another topic other than fucking Corona back then.
Please come back, Sir.
I am an idiot and I miss my idiot leader.