Movies with lots of drinking in them:

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

billygoatcurse
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: Movies with lots of drinking in them:

Post by billygoatcurse »

my sister's wedding video had a lot of drinking in it, also a lot of fighting. It ended with the cops being called and some random dude being carted off in an ambulance..i can't wait for her next wedding.
"IT'S A CAT & MOUSE TYPE DEAL" - Duane Hampel's explanation for everything.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Aloysius82 wrote:Has anyone mentioned 'Donovan's Reef'?
Goddamn but do John Wayne and Lee Marvin enjoy a few belts before a good punch-up
(between themselves and/or with a cadre of visiting Australian sailors)!
Lee Marvin doesn't always drink in his movies but still he's my drinking hero...more than
Bogart, more than Gleason, more than Sinatra, Dino, & Davis rolled into one.
What are your favorite Lee Marvin movies? I want to check out some more of his. I've seen Cat Ballou, Dirty Dozen and The Wild One.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

deebocools wrote:I like brown people, and many of them drink. An indian friend of mine told me a story of how his mom was teetotal, but his dad(a non-practicing hindu or something) would rush to kill 12 beers within like the 2 hours between when he got home and his mom got home. Then he'd freshen his breath.He said she never noticed or called him out on it, and He acted exactly the same. He would have his son(my friend) throw the cans out in a local dumpster. Hilarious.
Sounds depressing not hilarious.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Resident Asshole wrote:
Aloysius82 wrote:Has anyone mentioned 'Donovan's Reef'?
Goddamn but do John Wayne and Lee Marvin enjoy a few belts before a good punch-up
(between themselves and/or with a cadre of visiting Australian sailors)!
Lee Marvin doesn't always drink in his movies but still he's my drinking hero...more than
Bogart, more than Gleason, more than Sinatra, Dino, & Davis rolled into one.
What are your favorite Lee Marvin movies? I want to check out some more of his. I've seen Cat Ballou, Dirty Dozen and The Wild One.
Lee Marvin essentials: Point Blank (badass-psychedelic revenge story); Donovan's Reef (relatively tame, but still features plenty of punch-ups, smashed beer bottles, and Aussie sailors being tossed through pianos); Hell in the Pacific (more for the appreciator of slow, methodical drama...there is almost no dialogue in this movie); and top that delicacy with "The Killers." A story adapted from the Ernest Hemingway masterpiece that features a vicious Lee Marvin in the screen version!

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

Great article from the Times on this subject: http://nyti.ms/cGItOg
Use to be cool

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

Shot Time wrote:Great article from the Times on this subject: http://nyti.ms/cGItOg
Yeah, wasn't that great? I love chilling with an old film noir and a bourbon neat.

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

Checked out FAT CITY this weekend, 1972 Stacy Keach and Jeff Bridges boxing flick. Lotsa boozin' in CA, low-rent atmosphere like a Bukowski story or old Tom Waits tune. Susan Tyrrell got an Oscar nod for playing a seriously drunk lady Keach hangs with. Check it, on instant watch at Netflix, turns up on TCM occassionally.

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

willerror wrote:Checked out FAT CITY this weekend, 1972 Stacy Keach and Jeff Bridges boxing flick. Lotsa boozin' in CA, low-rent atmosphere like a Bukowski story or old Tom Waits tune. Susan Tyrrell got an Oscar nod for playing a seriously drunk lady Keach hangs with. Check it, on instant watch at Netflix, turns up on TCM occassionally.
watched this with my dad a few weeks ago. What a hidden gem directed by John Huston. Love the ending too.

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

JAWS doesn't have a lot of drinking necessarily, but Brody does fill a tall water glass with red wine and Quint makes moonshine. The movie does have one of the greatest toasts ever made, however: "Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women." Indeed, Quint, indeed.

far-Out-Pat
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by far-Out-Pat »

Got to see Shakes the clown man!
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
"I was cured, all right"- Alex- A Clockwork Orange
"Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell"-Marwood From Withnail and I

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

Casablanca comes to mind.

Username
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Username »

simonben1982 wrote:American pie is my all time favorite, I would never miss this movie if coming in television.
Quite.

American's should hunt down "The odd angry shot".
whistling (whistling) whistling (whistling) dark (dark) dark (dark)

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

It's all about runnin' the 'shine, baby!

(WARNING! Explicit Robert Mitchum content)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-yPqXGS1M
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

My Man Godfrey, of course. With the most elegant man in Hollywood, William Powell, otherwise known as The Thin Man.
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Aloysius82 wrote: Lee Marvin essentials: Point Blank (badass-psychedelic revenge story); Donovan's Reef (relatively tame, but still features plenty of punch-ups, smashed beer bottles, and Aussie sailors being tossed through pianos); Hell in the Pacific (more for the appreciator of slow, methodical drama...there is almost no dialogue in this movie); and top that delicacy with "The Killers." A story adapted from the Ernest Hemingway masterpiece that features a vicious Lee Marvin in the screen version!
I endorse this post and I endorse Lee Marvin.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"