Holy SHIT, Sons of Anarchy?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Holy SHIT, Sons of Anarchy?

Post by Mother Goose »

How did I just get the memo on this show tonight when I found out Goose DVR'd a few episodes? What a badass series. Watched two tonight, I believe we have the finale of the current season to watch before the season premiere tomorrow night.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Holy SHIT, Sons of Anarchy?

Post by tomodon »

SAMCRO - just got into this series and am liking it so far.

Makes ya wanna read HST's "Hell's Angels" again.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

The Sopranos on Motorcycles.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Two Hearted wrote:The Sopranos on Motorcycles.
except without the bellies that qualify for their own zip code.

this show is truly badass.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Don't want to be dick, but this show is kind of lame. Its definitely not badass, in my opinion. Sorry. Just have to speak my mind because I am drunk.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

fizzmaster wrote:Don't want to be dick, but this show is kind of lame. Its definitely not badass, in my opinion. Sorry. Just have to speak my mind because I am drunk.
Sopranos on Motorcycles.
(oh wait, did I say that all ready?)

Probably illustrates real MCs the same way that the Sopranos illustrated real mobsters.

Then again, who the hell am I to say I know anything about that shit.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Two Hearted wrote:
fizzmaster wrote:Don't want to be dick, but this show is kind of lame. Its definitely not badass, in my opinion. Sorry. Just have to speak my mind because I am drunk.
Sopranos on Motorcycles.

Probably illustrates real MCs the same way that the Sopranos illustrated real mobsters.

Doesn't work for me because I loved The Sopranos. Sons of A is just so goddamn phony and contrived. Its the exact fake garbage that Hunter Thompson warned of in 'Hell's Angels'.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

K, I honestly don't know anything about mobsters. Not saying I didn't like 'The Sopranos', just sayin....

And by sayin' I'm pretty sure I agree with you.

ETA: nothing
Last edited by Two Hearted on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Smatter

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

fizzmaster wrote:
Two Hearted wrote:
Sopranos on Motorcycles.

Doesn't work for me because I loved The Sopranos. Sons of A is just so goddamn phony and contrived. Its the exact fake garbage that Hunter Thompson warned of in 'Hell's Angels'.
I don't care how phony it is, it's entertaining.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

GetDrunkStayDrunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by GetDrunkStayDrunk »

Very entertaining

You also have to love the sense of brotherhood they have amongst the club.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

fizzmaster wrote:
Two Hearted wrote:
Sopranos on Motorcycles.

HST ran with the Angels, as did Tom Wolfe. The Angels, I'm assuming, probably don't allow many people who say 'hey, i'm doing a show about an mc, can i tag along?' to run with them. i think they've been burned a few times by atf agents infiltrating, so they might be a bit gunshy. therefore, creative license has to be taken and accuracy (i'm assuming you road w/the angels too, right?) has to be developed by whatever sources are available closest to the source. sorry gotta go, electric company's about to start.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Alright, legitimacy questions aside, that show is just kinda fucking gay. Sorry.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I like it for the most part. But I ride a motorcycle, own guns and like hot women. Nuff said.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

fizzmaster wrote:Alright, legitimacy questions aside, that show is just kinda fucking gay. Sorry.
sorry man, i was just being a dick. i think this opens up a broader question though; if you're talking authenticity, what gives Sopranos (not saying it wasn't a great show, because it was) the edge? if you want gay shows (sometimes literally), there are a fuck-ton more gay than this. as far as contrived....selling illegal guns, owning a strip club and a bike shop as fronts? how the shit is that contrived? last time i checked, most organized mc's (i.e. angels, mongols, pagans, etc.) weren't going into buying up foreclosed properties and flipping them for a profit. they stick to what they know how to do.

sorry to go off, but calling this show gay is like calling martin scorsese an 'ok' director. is this series the second coming of christ? no. i just find it very entertaining and i'm willing to discuss.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

greygoose wrote:Sopranos (not saying it wasn't a great show, because it was)
The final two seasons were completely unwatchable.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson