Well, have you?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Well, have you?

Post by Savage »

like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Well, have you?

Post by Savage »

And BTW, I am sooo excited, as Grumpy has Columbus day off, which means when they ask him to work on Saturday, he can tell them to fuck off, because it would mean that he wouldn't get overtime (which I don't understand but whatever), so anyway, he can finish painting the Halloween fence and glue on all the little skulls I ordered. Also, he can hang the lights and set up the graveyard. I mean, really! People have been asking me why we aren't set up yet! Used to be, by the beginning of September, I'd be putting out some Halloween stuff. This year, I feel like such a slacker.
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

I say there should be adult trick & treating and baby bourbon bottles should replace the candy.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage Bloody Savage wrote:http://skary.net/blog/candy/
You're going to end up with a two meters high Viking (Thirsty) on your threshold asking for PBR, you know that?
Don't panic, he's just an adorable creature after the first thirty pack.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

If you trick or treat at my house, you're welcome to share whatever I'm embibing, usually Jamesons. I used to make a thermos of Irish coffee to take around when Halloweening with the kids. There are a *lot* of drunks in this neighborhood.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

Judge

Post by Judge »

My family will eat all the candy when I buy it early. Issue is, I hate to run out. So I buy a few bags each time I go to the store all month long. Hide some of it but they find it so I bought a sale bag of individually wrapped candy corn taffy. Nobody likes that but its wrapped and takes a lot of room in the bowl so they are leaving it alone. I'm still buying the good stuff to be handed out in the early evening, saving the candycorn taffy for the teenagers who can't be bothered to actually dress up, just show up with a pillowcase and an attitude.

Fuck your dentist slacker/ette, here's some shit you'll think is good when you're all stoned out.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Judge Death wrote:My family will eat all the candy when I buy it early. Issue is, I hate to run out. So I buy a few bags each time I go to the store all month long. Hide some of it but they find it so I bought a sale bag of individually wrapped candy corn taffy. Nobody likes that but its wrapped and takes a lot of room in the bowl so they are leaving it alone. I'm still buying the good stuff to be handed out in the early evening, saving the candycorn taffy for the teenagers who can't be bothered to actually dress up, just show up with a pillowcase and an attitude.

Fuck your dentist slacker/ette, here's some shit you'll think is good when you're all stoned out.
It's like I wrote this post! We had ants, and I mentioned to Grumpy that I had to throw the bags of Halloween candy onto the porch and then put it away, and his only reaction was "So where is it?" Damn. Every year, he eats half the candy before we can give it out. This year, I've hidden away the good chocolate stuff, and I tell Himself that I can't remember where I hid the rest of it.. His attention span is short, so this works. Also, this year, I am going to be a cranky bitch, and give doggy biscuits to the middle-aged couples who trick or treat with their hound, and baby teething biscuits to the fat mamas who trick or treat with their adorable infant. I mean, the doggies and the babies should have a treat they will enjoy. If their parents want candy, they can buy some or whatever.
like tears in rain

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

I am always conveniently not at home on Halloween. Thrift store, shit-show costume fades into my eventual stupor.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I have been officially shamed, this Halloween season. My next door neighbor asked me, "Where is your Halloween display?" It is October already, but we have nothing but a door wreath up. I had such a wonderful plan for this year, but Grumpy works so much overtime, that it was only until today that he actually painted the fence pieces he maide. Tomorrow, and this long weekend, we will glue the skulls to the fence posts, and Grumpy will hang the black lights, and set up the graveyard, and so forth.
like tears in rain