The say what's on your mind thread ....

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

PinchePollacko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: The say what's on your mind thread ....

Post by PinchePollacko »

Had a wierd introspective moment while smoking a cigarette and enjoying an Old Style on the porch. On the verge of getting married and thus having kids soon. Is my fantastic drunkard lifestyle at an end? Help me drunakrds!

Fool Ishy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Somewhere in Washington state...or is that the State of Washington? Damned if I know...

Post by Fool Ishy »

PinchePollacko wrote:Had a wierd introspective moment while smoking a cigarette and enjoying an Old Style on the porch. On the verge of getting married and thus having kids soon. Is my fantastic drunkard lifestyle at an end? Help me drunakrds!
Drunken answer... your life is over.

Deeper introspection requires I add that I have been through two marriages and two kids, yet I am still a drunk. So... maybe I'm wrong.

I also want to point out that that your "fantastic drunkard lifestyle" is merely a youthful discretion. As we get older in our drunkard lifestyles we realize there is little "fantastic" about it. We merely abide the grind of it all, much like our non-drunk counter-parts. Truth is, it is all rather reductionist in that the momentary joys out-weigh the existential angst of survival.

My point being... drink, enjoy, continue. Drink again, enjoy again, continue ad nauseum.

Marry her... see where it leads. It might be bliss. If not, there is always tomorrow... and the next drunk.
"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Oscar Wilde

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

PinchePollacko wrote:Had a wierd introspective moment while smoking a cigarette and enjoying an Old Style on the porch. On the verge of getting married and thus having kids soon. Is my fantastic drunkard lifestyle at an end? Help me drunakrds!
I married an old fart, gave birth to two children, have three step-children, have eight grandchildren from said children-step-children, saw a silver hair a while ago. So, in answer to your question: NO. Fantastic drunkard lifestyle has no end. They can pry my bourbon out of my cold, dead hand.
like tears in rain

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Fool Ishy wrote:
Drunken answer... your life is over.

Deeper introspection requires I add that I have been through two marriages and two kids, yet I am still a drunk. So... maybe I'm wrong.

I also want to point out that that your "fantastic drunkard lifestyle" is merely a youthful discretion. As we get older in our drunkard lifestyles we realize there is little "fantastic" about it. We merely abide the grind of it all, much like our non-drunk counter-parts. Truth is, it is all rather reductionist in that the momentary joys out-weigh the existential angst of survival.

My point being... drink, enjoy, continue. Drink again, enjoy again, continue ad nauseum.

Marry her... see where it leads. It might be bliss. If not, there is always tomorrow... and the next drunk.

them are some damn wise words, Fool Ishy. I'll buy next round.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Francis Rossi of shit band Status Quo gave David Cameron a bottle of his own distillery's whisky as a gift on getting elected. There's now another whisky to add to the Drunkard boycott.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

RYE!!
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

What I want to know is, where the hell is all the cheapass Rose's grenadine? Every damn store in these parts is out of it. All I need is 1/4 cup of it, to put in the Halloween punch mix. The real grenadine in the liquor cabinet, that we occasionally use for cocktails, simply won't do. It would discolor the technicolor-Disney-type punch I'm aiming for. We have little people coming over for Halloween, so we need this non-alcoholic brew. (The adults dump bourbon or champagne in their glasses, which are actually excellent skull mugs.) I guess I'll have to go with maraschino syrup. It's equally red, viley fake tasting, and should work.
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage Bloody Savage wrote:What I want to know is, where the hell is all the cheapass Rose's grenadine? Every damn store in these parts is out of it. All I need is 1/4 cup of it, to put in the Halloween punch mix. The real grenadine in the liquor cabinet, that we occasionally use for cocktails, simply won't do. It would discolor the technicolor-Disney-type punch I'm aiming for. We have little people coming over for Halloween, so we need this non-alcoholic brew. (The adults dump bourbon or champagne in their glasses, which are actually excellent skull mugs.) I guess I'll have to go with maraschino syrup. It's equally red, viley fake tasting, and should work.
This really looks like some fine party on its way. I love the skull-mug idea.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

DOKTOR BoO-zificator wrote: This really looks like some fine party on its way. I love the skull-mug idea.
youre not getting into her daughter's pants.. so shaddup
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

On the third day of drinking, in the fifth or sixth pub, I asked for an Old Fashioned. So pleased was the bartender that I had ordered a real drink that I was charged only for the bourbon.

Frankly, the weekend took its toll, but it has to go on. Some dead cow and beer. That'll fix me good.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

The only good dead cow is rare dead cow. My Queendom for a restaurant that understands that beef should still be bleeding.
like tears in rain

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Merry Savage Yule wrote:The only good dead cow is rare dead cow. My Queendom for a restaurant that understands that beef should still be bleeding.
Hear her, hear her!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

redshift
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by redshift »

Have the freaking day off tomorrow, just got home from work, popped the first can of PBR, life is good.
The What?? I hate signature images!

liquoredgoat
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by liquoredgoat »

I had to return a fifth of Black Bottle to the store due to a defective seal. Out of spite, I exchanged it for a bottle of Bowmore Legend. I almost shelled out the extra $12 for Laphroiag. Almost.

redshift

Post by redshift »

liquoredgoat wrote:I had to return a fifth of Black Bottle to the store due to a defective seal
I don't think I've ever returned a bottle of any alcoholic beverage. Ever.
The What?? I hate signature images!