Drunken Literature - Bring it if you got it...

TV & Film, Music, Books, Sports, Cooking, Cocktails, and the Rest

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: So I did some writing today.

Post by fizzmaster »

Keep it up, man! I knocked out a short horror story for Halloween, its on my blog that is linked in my sig. I've been working on a full length novel for about a year now and getting frustrated, so I took a step back to work on some of the ideas I have in short fiction form. Its helping me piece together all this disparate stuff I want to do with the book. Yeah, man, just keep it up, keep working on your writing. Read everyday, write everyday is the way to go. We writer types need to encourage each other more.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Zero:

The shelling was getting bad.Before, they had been lobbing ordinance far over the hole they were hiding in, thinking they would get caught in the fire when they ran, but they hadn't run. Now the explosions were getting closer, getting too close. The building they were hiding behind looked like it could come down at any time. The next hit would probably bring it down on them.
That was, if they didn't bring the shock troops back in.
Mona checked her ammo. There wasn't any more than there was the last time she checked. Annoyed, she crawled over to the other side of the hole, and checked on Will. He was zoning out again. Cursing, she struggled a few moments to get her pack off, then opened it. After a short dig, she came up with a small, dark gray box, and hit one of the black buttons that lined one of the sides. The box started to buzz. A screen unfolded from the top of the box, flashing angry red with error messages.
Mona stared at the thing mutely for a couple of seconds, then tossed the box aside. It was useless. No help for it then...
Mona turned back to Will, grabbed him by the collar, and gave him a couple of good hard shakes. Not waiting for a reaction, she slapped his face twice, fronthand/backhand,as hard as she could. Then she started screaming.
"Hey, dick! Wake the fuck up! NOW! I don't know where you are, but you need to be here, RIGHT NOW! IT'S TIME!"
A shell hit behind them, less than a block away. The shock blew Mona off Will, and debris started pelting the two of them before she had stopped rolling. As the rubble rained down, and the building they were hiding behind began to groan and creak ominously, all Mona could think about was how she didn't want it to be like this. she was hoping it would be quick, clean, a surprise. Maybe just a small team, or a lone hitter, maybe while they were on a nice beach somewhere, that was how it should have happened. Thinking about it for weeks while an entire army leveled a city was just too much.
"Time, Mona," she thought to herself. No help for it, then...
Crawling across the hole was harder this time. It had filled in a bit because of that last blast. Will was still zoned out. Also, it looked like he was bleeding from a nasty cut on his forehead. Mona got there, grabbed him again, shook him again. Nothing. She went for another slap-
-And was stopped when Will, lightning fast, grabbed her wrist.
"Is it really time?" he said.
Mona couldn't speak, she just nodded. She never had figured out how he could come to that fast.
Will was all there, all right. Looking at her with that overly-concerned look on his face, like this was all his fault or something. "That time?"
"Yeah". Mona's head was racing. She had so much she wanted to say. She hadn't wanted it to be like this. She was sorry. Her plans had gone all to hell. Sorry. She had been so selfish. Sorry, she had been so stupid, sorry-
Will pulled her down to him, and kissed her slowly. Then he pushed her back and started struggling to get up. "Let's go, then," was all he had to say.
She struggled to choke back her tears as Will started climbing out of the hole. He was heading toward the building they were hiding behind. Toward the shock troops. Toward the artillery. He had always told her he was going to do it up right, when it was that time.
Mona gave up, letting the tears flow. Then she started after him. There was no help for it.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

My advice is to set yourself up a blog. I've written a lot more since I did; it really helps you get back into the habit of writing regularly.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

fizzmaster wrote:Keep it up, man! I knocked out a short horror story for Halloween, its on my blog that is linked in my sig. I've been working on a full length novel for about a year now and getting frustrated, so I took a step back to work on some of the ideas I have in short fiction form. Its helping me piece together all this disparate stuff I want to do with the book. Yeah, man, just keep it up, keep working on your writing. Read everyday, write everyday is the way to go. We writer types need to encourage each other more.
i agree with you, writin every day is the only way to get any writin done. i'm still workin on this novel, but it's wearin me out, it wants to go in so many directions that i can barely keep ahold of it. i'm sure i'll eventually finish it, but the days i take a break and just work on short stories seem to be more productive.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

An excerpt about drinking

Post by Steve »

I just posted on my blog part of a story about pubs and drinking. Click on my sig if you have some spare time, and give it a read. Comments welcome, peeps! Even if you're french.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: An excerpt about drinking

Post by Resident Asshole »

Good story. Keep going.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

That's good, I must say. Now that's no surprise: there are only male characters in that story, which is your true "passion".
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

Cheers, resident.

And Boozy, we all know you want to read about femaile characters in order to get make up tips for your goat.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Steve wrote:Cheers, resident.

And Boozy, we all know you want to read about femaile characters in order to get make up tips for your goat.
Shhh, I don't want the others to discover that she is being concerned about her aging.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Another excerpt

Post by Steve »

Click on my sig if you have nothing better to do, I just posted another part of a story I started about a drinker.

Or don't. 'Sup to you. If not, have another drink instead.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Another excerpt

Post by bluebottle »

alright.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

is this in anywaty abt sabage?

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

no writing everyday.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Did some writing the other day A couple of short stories about Yukon gold rush,Windego crap like that it cool

booze is the writer blood

releam
Tippler
Tippler

Re: My poem for an aging drunkard

Post by releam »

i got aging poems for you. here i am going to post few below. do tell me if you like them

Health to enjoy the blessings sent
From Heaven; a mind unclouded, strong;
A cheerful heart;
a wise content;
An honored age; and song.

------

Spring is here and so am I
But at my age I wonder why?
If nature can be born anew
why can't I be recycled too?

Be recycled's what you say?
Turn this used thing into pay?