Where NOT to be hung over

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Where NOT to be hung over

Post by Resident Asshole »

Don't be hungover at an AA meeting. Also, at work when your boss is a recovering alcohol/drug addict and the company does "random" testing and you are fired if you have ANYTHING in your system.

Oh yeah, and when you go for your initial setup meeting for alcohol counseling.

All of those places suck to be hungover. Got yelled at each time but didn't get in too much trouble, although I did get 40 hours community service for the last one.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

When I was in the USMC I used to go to bar at 700 and stay out to last call every night and get back a three am with out eating the night only dinner at the chow hall. Monday to Friday.We would run for five or so miles North Carolina summer heat that is a bad time for a hangover It got to point (Monday and Tuesday was dollar beer night ) (Well it was strip club )best choices of beer and booze in the town
and due to the shape I was in it never a hurt just a little head ache to this day I only get a little head ache.
I would feel good after the run like it clean my body but I would smell like sweaty brew house

Bur

Post by Bur »

I was in my friend's funeral some month or so back having a hangover from hell.

Half the time I wanted to crawl in to a dark space and sleep it off, half the time I had problem keeping myself from punching the shit out of the annoying priest.

As a side note it's funny that my friend was not even part of the church and considered religion generally retarded and his parent's still chose to keep it the tradional way. Well whatever helps them to get by, I think is the way to go.

The headache and pukiness didn't settle to tolerable levels until 6pm, after that naturally I started drinking again.

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

My worst hangover locale in recent memory was at my buddy's wedding reception. Mind you, this was a baptist wedding where the reception was held on the church premises- I.E. booze was forbidden. It was early july, about 95 degrees in the morning, and the only reception area was the windowless basement, which had linoleum floors, blinding florescent lighting, and no air conditioning. With two hundred people in that place, it felt like a goddamn sweat house. Thankfully I had the wherewithal to cart in my own hooch, in spite of the ungodly 9am start time, & also despite the fact that the bachelor party the night before only stopped because it was time to go to that fucking church.

Scotch & the desire to make sure my friend didn't get hitched undrunk were my only salvation that day.
IN VINO VERITAS

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

gnarkill wrote:My worst hangover locale in recent memory was at my buddy's wedding reception. Mind you, this was a baptist wedding where the reception was held on the church premises- I.E. booze was forbidden. It was early july, about 95 degrees in the morning, and the only reception area was the windowless basement, which had linoleum floors, blinding florescent lighting, and no air conditioning. With two hundred people in that place, it felt like a goddamn sweat house. Thankfully I had the wherewithal to cart in my own hooch, in spite of the ungodly 9am start time, & also despite the fact that the bachelor party the night before only stopped because it was time to go to that fucking church.

Scotch & the desire to make sure my friend didn't get hitched undrunk were my only salvation that day.
Oh my god, this sounds really bad. But then again, if the bachelor party stopped because it was time to go to chruch, I guess you were still drunk when you showed up, so whence the hangover??

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

And by the way, a dry wedding reception? God save us all. And he's a friend of yours??

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

I wish i'd have still been drunk, but the reception began basically right after I crossed the bliss/agony threshold. It was pretty awful. We (the groomsmen) kept having to go out to my car for maintenance beers in a vain attempt to kept our sanity/our breakfasts down. My buddy is one of those strange ultra-religious types, who refused to drink on his wedding day, but I wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. I eventually was able to coerce him into downing an 8oz. flask of Macallan 18yr with me, and things became much sunnier after that.
IN VINO VERITAS

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

during a heat wave with no A/C or a fan

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

i take my 7 year old to chess tournaments, and for kindergarden and fist grade there has to be someone overseeing the game. try watching 5-7 yr olds play chess with a hangover, it has never hurt so hard to think as it did this last saturday.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

far-Out-Pat
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by far-Out-Pat »

At a cotton shed the day after Oktoberfest Galveston, The sound of 500 pound Bales slamming on the ground and the Roar of a Dozen forklifts revving there engines up....Plan on doing it again this year Good Times!! Cheers!!
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
"I was cured, all right"- Alex- A Clockwork Orange
"Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell"-Marwood From Withnail and I

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

beerkegbilly wrote:When I was in the USMC I used to go to bar at 700 and stay out to last call every night and get back a three am with out eating the night only dinner at the chow hall. Monday to Friday.We would run for five or so miles North Carolina summer heat that is a bad time for a hangover It got to point (Monday and Tuesday was dollar beer night ) (Well it was strip club )best choices of beer and booze in the town
and due to the shape I was in it never a hurt just a little head ache to this day I only get a little head ache.
I would feel good after the run like it clean my body but I would smell like sweaty brew house
this. i was on Lejeune, and we would be out at 0500 for a minimum of 5 miles. yea it was like a damn brewary.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs