Gin and Coke???

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Re: Gin and Coke???

Post by beerkegbilly »

Sound like rut gut or puke in class

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Are you out of your mind? Gin and coke? Gin and sweet do not go together in my universe. Gin and tonic: OK. Dry martini: OK. Gin and coke: blasphemy.

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

BBoozer wrote:Are you out of your mind? Gin and coke? Gin and sweet do not go together in my universe. Gin and tonic: OK. Dry martini: OK. Gin and coke: blasphemy.
THIS ^^

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

I stand my original comment on this that it sounds horrible. BUT! I was recently recomended to try Hendricks and coke. Haven't got round to it yet, but the word is that it isn't bad...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

I remember a party where we drank a street dry, by the end of the night all that was left in this particular cabinet was Pernod and Advocaat. We were so blitzed when we mixed 'em together it tasted just fine. So i suppose anything works if you're determined that it should.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I don't know... I'm really getting sick of coke as a mix. Gin and 7 is good!

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

"Tanqueray and Tab, and keep 'em coming"-- Big Ern McCracken

Part of the joke was that it was a revolting drink for a revolting man.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

John Barleycorn wrote:"Tanqueray and Tab, and keep 'em coming"-- Big Ern McCracken

Part of the joke was that it was a revolting drink for a revolting man.
gin and tab holy shit I couldn't imagine something so bad. That could break tongues.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

BBoozer wrote:Are you out of your mind? Gin and coke? Gin and sweet do not go together in my universe. Gin and tonic: OK. Dry martini: OK. Gin and coke: blasphemy.
What about the Tom Collins, the Gin Fizz, and the Singapore sling?
Coke sounds awful though. Especially because coke already has a sweet component (the sugar) and a bitter component (the cola flavor, the caffeine). You're throwing a balance out of order here when you add gin.

ccorax
Tippler
Tippler

Post by ccorax »

Only one way to know ... I'm heading for the fridge for some coke and gin. Just a sec .... hhhhm ... wow ... the gin kind of vanishes behind the coke. When you think about whats in the two it makes sense. Coke is flavored with botanicals just like gin. Don't knock it till you try it ... not as bad as it sounds.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

ccorax wrote:Only one way to know ... I'm heading for the fridge for some coke and gin. Just a sec .... hhhhm ... wow ... the gin kind of vanishes behind the coke. When you think about whats in the two it makes sense. Coke is flavored with botanicals just like gin. Don't knock it till you try it ... not as bad as it sounds.
I agree its not bad....but neither are a lot of things I won't go out of my way to drink. Just seems a waste of good gin to hide all the flavour behind a thick mask of coke.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

The Limey wrote:I remember a party where we drank a street dry, by the end of the night all that was left in this particular cabinet was Pernod and Advocaat. We were so blitzed when we mixed 'em together it tasted just fine. So i suppose anything works if you're determined that it should.
You guys must have been really drunk. Pernod and Advocaat (are you Dutch, by the way?), I can come up with only one name for this 'cocktail': suicide.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Well, I have to semi-correct myself here. Last week I mixed genever (which is where gin came from) with coke, and it tasted just fine. Okay, I was drunk, but it tasted fine to me.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

you don't need a mixer with gin it taste like a pine tree anyway it means great to me

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Gin 50/50 with ginger beer was tonight's decent experiment. Was cheap gin so not really wasted.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!