The difficulty of meat

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The difficulty of meat

Post by Savage »

Why is it, that when you order beef medium rare, you get grayish brown, dry mess? Grumpy told me told order it rare, but the last time I did that, it was still mooing on the plate. And, the asparagus was brown and crispy! Is it any wonder that I seldom venture out from home? My Queendom for a properly done potato, and a pink and tender steak!
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: The difficulty of meat

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:Why is it, that when you order beef medium rare, you get grayish brown, dry mess? Grumpy told me told order it rare, but the last time I did that, it was still mooing on the plate. And, the asparagus was brown and crispy! Is it any wonder that I seldom venture out from home? My Queendom for a properly done potato, and a pink and tender steak!
I have a trick: as soon as I discover that my meat is not cooked properly, I just say "can I talk to the cook please?"
Usually the cook doesn't want to be talked to and they just change your dish.
Of course they think you're an abomination after that, but that's just cherry on top.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

You gotta be like Raymond Shaw's mom in the Manchurian Candidate and specify temperature and time for each side. I wonder if her orders lead to a rare or well done steak. I'm guessing well done.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I'm usually a pretty easy customer and I hate confrontation, but I will send something back if it's not cooked how I asked it to be cooked.

Also, if they keep screwing it up you could just take your steak business elsewhere. I've had enough dried-out, improperly cooked steaks at chain restaurants that I now only order steak at reputable, locally-owned steak houses.

If you have the means, make your way to Bern's steakhouse in Tampa. Best steak I've ever had, and well worth the extra cost.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

If I'm gonna order beef in a restaurant it usually means a steak and I want something from either the rib or loin sections -- preferably either a ribeye or filet mignon. IMHO, those cuts are best cooked very hot, very fast and eaten extremely rare. I always emphasize very rare and am seldom disappointed.

If I order a hamburger and am asked a cooking preference I always go with medium.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

I don't send things back because I've heard too many gross stories about what they'll do.

Jags
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jags »

peetie44 wrote:If I'm gonna order beef in a restaurant it usually means a steak and I want something from either the rib or loin sections -- preferably either a ribeye or filet mignon. IMHO, those cuts are best cooked very hot, very fast and eaten extremely rare. I always emphasize very rare and am seldom disappointed.

If I order a hamburger and am asked a cooking preference I always go with medium.

loin, very hot, very fast, eaten extremely rare, seldom disappointed. If I was a psychiatrist I would read something into this.
-------------------------------------

The older I get, the better I was.

It's damn expensive to look this cheap.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Savage wrote:Why is it, that when you order beef medium rare, you get grayish brown, dry mess? Grumpy told me told order it rare, but the last time I did that, it was still mooing on the plate. And, the asparagus was brown and crispy! Is it any wonder that I seldom venture out from home? My Queendom for a properly done potato, and a pink and tender steak!
But if you had come to the original MWI, you could have sampled a properly cooked breakfast prepared by Boozy and I on the tailgate of my truck -Bloody's, eggs, bacon and taters.

A Garbage Plate of love, prepared by very hung-over campers on vintage Coleman stoves in the middle of field located in Elmwood Twp.

And I'm with Barlycorn. I don't send shit back because of what I used to do to people's plates when they sent 'em back when I short-order cooked. One bag-o-douche had the nerve to send back a pepperoni pizza saying there wasn't enough cheese on it. This guy was a regular and a Grade-A D-Bag.

We cooked a new one for Mr. "I ain't got enough cheese on my pizza".

Dough? Check
Sauce? Check
Lots of Cheese? Check
Pepperoni slices? Check
Flies plucked off the fly strips and placed under ever pepperoni slice? Double check.

Pepperoni Za w/ extra Protein!
ORDER UP!
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

John Barleycorn wrote:I don't send things back because I've heard too many gross stories about what they'll do.
That's mostly a myth. I've worked in restaurants for 9 years and never seen anyone purposely contaminate anyone's food, even if the the customer was a total fucking cunt. I'm not saying it never happened anywhere, but it's really not worth the trouble. You just get out the right food and be done with it.

Also, to all you beef eaters, switch to chicken. or "beefeater" gin.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

I quit ordering steak out after i figuerd out how to cook it: Sear it in a pan for a min. on each side and then throw it into a 350 oven for about 10 min. adjust the oven time for the size of the steak. And if i'm out i like tell the waiter i'd like my steak pink but not rare.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I only eat Slim Jims
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

You better SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!!

I only eat beans, green ones, from a can.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

This is why I very rarely go out to eat.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I just go cow hunting with a flamethrower; much more sporting, and you control the ammount of char.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

I'd happily bite into a raw cow...but really they ever get orders right. I say rare it comes back med-well, I say blue and its not even rare....stupid cooks.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!