Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

prbobo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: I'm drunk and alone

Post by prbobo »

You guys are the best. I was gonna thank ya'll last night for assuring me I wasn't alone but I passed out shortly after. It is true that here at MDM you are never alone! That's why I love this place!!

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

i almost exclusively drink alone, as there are very few people i can tolerate drinkin with.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

hossthomas wrote:i almost exclusively drink alone, as there are very few people i can tolerate drinkin with.
I don't mind drinking with other people but I tend to drink at strange hours. Sometimes I start at 6 am on a weekend and no one has the same drinking pattern.
"This lifestyle isn't for pussies." - Fabric

Riddeford: I'm craving indian food. WTF?
Fiyah: Fuck curry. We're doing shots and do them NOW

<@Veen> First one was just a standard hangover puke.
<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.
<@Veen> Third one was just a bit ago when I read that vagina story.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

Riddeford wrote:
hossthomas wrote:i almost exclusively drink alone, as there are very few people i can tolerate drinkin with.
I don't mind drinking with other people but I tend to drink at strange hours. Sometimes I start at 6 am on a weekend and no one has the same drinking pattern.
i have about four or five drinkin buddies, but none live closer that a 30 minute drive from me. i don't go to bars, maybe once or twice a year i'll go out drinkin. i live way back in the sticks, so i do most of my drinkin at home or in the woods. and what you said about strange hours, i second that. i tend to start early in the mornin and i drink every day, so nobody in my small circle of friends can really stick with me. so other than about 4 or 5 days out of the month, i do my drinkin alone. i love it because i don't have to worry about anybody drinkin all my damn booze.

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

Drunkard chat has been pretty calm because a lot of us found jobs but it was great being wasted on a Monday morning and other people around the world were doing the same thing.

<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

i've never been on drunkard chat, have no idea why. to think of all the times i've sat around smashed with nobody to talk to when my fellow drunkards were just a few mouse clicks away.

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

hossthomas wrote:i've never been on drunkard chat, have no idea why. to think of all the times i've sat around smashed with nobody to talk to when my fellow drunkards were just a few mouse clicks away.
Drunkard chat is a lifesaver...I just wish I could logon at work when I'm hungover and feel like i'm going insane

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Drunkard chat has saved me a lot of money just by drinking a lot at home. And its people who drink a lot. And we can throw stupid youtubs at each other, and ramble. and we drink a lot.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

I almost always drink alone... I'm just on a different level than most people I drink with.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I love drinking alone. Most people I know who 'drink' think that getting properly drunk is going over the line. Restrict yourself to a beer an hour and one shot for the night, they say.
To which I reply, 'Phooey! Balderdash! Get thee from my sights, ye devil, and let a man alone with his thoughts and his cup!'

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Drunkard chat has saved me a lot of money just by drinking a lot at home. And its people who drink a lot. And we can throw stupid youtubs at each other, and ramble. and we drink a lot.

First of all - it's a fucking pain to get to - this drunkard chat - I think I've successfully logged on once - the link and login process seem to keep changing and are cumbersome at best. Second - can somebody please explain to me how it's any different from this here board? Aren't we chatting?
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

NYDingbat wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:Drunkard chat has saved me a lot of money just by drinking a lot at home. And its people who drink a lot. And we can throw stupid youtubs at each other, and ramble. and we drink a lot.

First of all - it's a fucking pain to get to - this drunkard chat - I think I've successfully logged on once - the link and login process seem to keep changing and are cumbersome at best. Second - can somebody please explain to me how it's any different from this here board? Aren't we chatting?
I have no problem logging in, but every time I've logged in there is NOBODY there chatting. I've given up.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

JimLahey wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:First of all - it's a fucking pain to get to - this drunkard chat - I think I've successfully logged on once - the link and login process seem to keep changing and are cumbersome at best. Second - can somebody please explain to me how it's any different from this here board? Aren't we chatting?
I have no problem logging in, but every time I've logged in there is NOBODY there chatting. I've given up.
I agree with Dingbat(a first, cheers!, I've also gotten in once) and lahey. Get on the MDM board! the shit goes up at soon as you post it. I don't get the advantage of chat, though I do understand the spirit.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

How does this drunkard chat work?

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

John Barleycorn wrote:How does this drunkard chat work?
First we'll need your credit card information.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought