How much booze do you keep on hand?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ADHD
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

How much booze do you keep on hand?

Post by ADHD »

Me, I dunno, a well stocked liquor cabinet is tantamount to a mind at ease.

As I've stated a few times, I do make my own bourbon and vodka, and recently am starting to do rum as well. I have a cabinet full of crap booze that I'll never touch, cause I dont like it anymore, but my bourbon collection (homemade) is my pride and joy. I try to keep a full 750ml on the cocktail counter in the kitchen, and a 5 gallon barrel full ageing in the brewroom downstairs at all times.

I'm curious, what's your regular stock pile consist of????????

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: How much booze do you keep on hand?

Post by Chimneyfish »

Can't remember the last time I've had more than one bottle at a time.

Joe_Twelvepack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Joe_Twelvepack »

I think there are a couple of Natty tall boys in the fridge somebody left if you want one.
typing carefully, drinking recklessly

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Joe_Twelvepack wrote:I think there are a couple of Natty tall boys in the fridge somebody left if you want one.
Never had one, but I'll never say no to free alcohol.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I like to keep a bottle of scotch, an Irish/bourbon, aged rum, gin, and some vermouth. Also usually have a case of beer sitting about. I have about 5 gallons of homebrew cider and wine in my wardrobe to age, and I like to keep a couple of nice bottles of wine at my parents' house to mature. My flatmate usually has about half a gallon of vodka most of the time too, which is fair game
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

the "stock loss" thread in the unbooze fourm got me thinking on this. i'd love to have a well-stocked bomb shelter, but really, if i had that kind of money, i'd probably put it in the bank.

like many here, i buy 30-packs and bottles pretty much as needed. The Redhead does buy wine by the case, but that doesn't last terribly long, either. there are several flavored vodkas half-full in the cabinet, as well as some godivas and bailey's in the back of the fridge.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I have several:
Tequila- 1 fifth of de los altos

Scorpion Mezcal- 1 fifth

Scotch- 1 fifth Glenvelet 12yr

bourbon- 1fifth each of knob creek, bakers, bookers, woodford reserve(i know its on the ban list, i had previously bought a bottle found out it was on the list and i drank it all that night, however the old lady thought i liked it so much for drinking it all so she bought me another.) dissarono, ten high(straight, not the new blended stuff)

Handles-Jameson, old crow, seagrams gin,

bitters-pechauds, agnostura

vermoth-gallo sweet vermonth

*note, not all bottles are full, they are at various stages of being drank

**I may have some more bottles, this is only what i can remeber off the top of my head
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

I tend to just keep a bottle of whisky on hand (usually Sainsburys own brand bourbon) and then just buy beer on demand - the nearest shop is only 2 mins walk away. I don't have a car, so I'm limited to what I can physically carry...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

one 30-rack of beer, 1 handle of liquor(1.75 liters). When either one gets down to about 10 beers or a 1/3 of a bottle, I get another one.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Enough to get me drunk that day... I like going to the liquor store so I never really stock up. I'll usually go into the store, get some beer, a bottle of whiskey, and when it runs out I go back in, it's right across the street!

Tariel
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tariel »

I keep trying to stock up, but the booze talks to me and it never works.

Do have a couple of liquor stores less than a minute's walk away, though I do usually manage to keep an extra can of beer just to be able to get normal enough to walk to the store and back.
To sit down with these men and deal with them as a representative of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride one's own dignity and to invite the disaster their treachery will bring upon us - Gen. Ridgeway

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Just enough

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Tariel
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tariel »

I never even try to "store" fifths at home these days, always half or quart bottles, I just have this compulsion to always finish a bottle in one go once its open, doesn't go well with workdays.
To sit down with these men and deal with them as a representative of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride one's own dignity and to invite the disaster their treachery will bring upon us - Gen. Ridgeway

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

That's a good lookin operation you got there thirsty.....Looks like something for every body......

I keep the occasional odd experiment on hand most of the time. But my deal is rum.
Bet I got three gallons scatter'd round. Gotta keep it spread out too as the missus is not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a progressive thinker.
Don't want her easily taking inventory...... Small bits here and there make it easier to stay motivated about experimenting with my ingredients too,,,,,yeah yeah that's why I can't build much more than a couple gallons....
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

None. It's either in a bottle, a glass or in my body. Never on my hand. Next question!
I'll miss you, pallie.