When was your last day without any drinks?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: When was your last day without any drinks?

Post by Resident Asshole »

I didn't have any booze yesterday. Stayed home, ate a good dinner and watched a movie. I didn't see much point in having drinks after a big dinner as there was no way I would get a buzz on. Probably the first day in months with no drink.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

I can't remember. It's not today, and it wasn't yesterday. And honestly, I don't know why I'm ever undrunk.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'd be lying if I said I drank every day. I'd also be lying if I said I was in a position to achieve everyday drinking. It's an eventual goal, but until that day I will just drink when I can. As soon as I can drink every day, I'll be a truly honest man.

"Everyday Drinking" is a fine book, though, and I'd recommend it to everyone who has never read it.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Shane's Dentist wrote:I'd be lying if I said I drank every day. I'd also be lying if I said I was in a position to achieve everyday drinking. It's an eventual goal, but until that day I will just drink when I can. As soon as I can drink every day, I'll be a truly honest man.

"Everyday Drinking" is a fine book, though, and I'd recommend it to everyone who has never read it.
My situation is much the same as shane's and the said book is currently floating around here somewhere.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

It's been a while...
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

i dont get compleatly loaded everyday, but if for some reason i do not have my usual # of drinks that day, i will have a night cap (couple of shots) everynight. I honestly cannot remember my last day without any drinks at all, it has been years.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Shane's Dentist wrote:I'd be lying if I said I drank every day. I'd also be lying if I said I was in a position to achieve everyday drinking. It's an eventual goal, but until that day I will just drink when I can. As soon as I can drink every day, I'll be a truly honest man.

I assume it's the necessary financial resources that's holding you back? Or is it the morals in England? Whenever I'm on a business trip in England, I make sure I have a flask with me, because those lunches dry, dry, dry. I really feel offended they don't offer me a glass of wine at lunch.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

BBoozer wrote:

I assume it's the necessary financial resources that's holding you back? Or is it the morals in England? Whenever I'm on a business trip in England, I make sure I have a flask with me, because those lunches dry, dry, dry. I really feel offended they don't offer me a glass of wine at lunch.
It's barbaric isn't it?

redshift

Post by redshift »

I would say about a month ago, when I didn't drink for about a whole week to 10days! Oh, the horror!

Have been making it up for it ever since, double time.
The What?? I hate signature images!

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

I haven't had a drink since Saturday. I've got some kind of killer stomach bug. Sunday I slept all day. Monday I puked all morning then slept all day. Today I feel like my guts are filled with heavy rocks. This sucks.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

John Barleycorn wrote:I haven't had a drink since Saturday. I've got some kind of killer stomach bug. Sunday I slept all day. Monday I puked all morning then slept all day. Today I feel like my guts are filled with heavy rocks. This sucks.
Stomach problems are the worst. Hope you get better soon pal.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

speak of the devil! Last night I didn't have any. I had a long, shitty day in which I almost cried when I got lost delivering something at work(I was only so anxious/emotional because I was heavily hungover.) You'd think I couldn't wait to hit the sauce, but then I had heart palpitations(probably anxiety related). All that was really out-of-the-ordinary for me, and when I got home I only had 2 hours before I was supposed to be asleep. I popped a few benadryls and hit the hay early. I had the craziest dreams, a lot of them involved ferocious ravenous dogs. It wasn't scary, just intense. Woke up un-hungover for the first time since August 2010, now I'm getting drunk!
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

DeeboCools wrote:speak of the devil! Last night I didn't have any. I had a long, shitty day in which I almost cried when I got lost delivering something at work(I was only so anxious/emotional because I was heavily hungover.) You'd think I couldn't wait to hit the sauce, but then I had heart palpitations(probably anxiety related). All that was really out-of-the-ordinary for me, and when I got home I only had 2 hours before I was supposed to be asleep. I popped a few benadryls and hit the hay early. I had the craziest dreams, a lot of them involved ferocious ravenous dogs. It wasn't scary, just intense. Woke up un-hungover for the first time since August 2010, now I'm getting drunk!
Holy shit, same story here, well sort of. Felt like I was coming down with some shitty cold and decided to just go to bed undrunk REALLY damn early. It was crazy! I had like 6 intense sweaty dreams. And going to work un-hungover was weird. undrunkenness: Deebo and I would not recommend it. And yeah, getting drunk too now.

Tariel
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tariel »

It must have happened sometime, can't for the life of me seem to recall though? Maybe some months ago.

Edit - Yeah, I think I remember, it was 3-4 months ago when I had to have some medical tests done, they said don't drink for god-knows-how-much-time before the tests, but I do recall I drank the evening before but not in the night and not in the morning before the test.

Edit 2 - Nah, come to think of it now, I went straight to a bar after the tests and stayed there till well into the night, so that doesn't count.
To sit down with these men and deal with them as a representative of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride one's own dignity and to invite the disaster their treachery will bring upon us - Gen. Ridgeway

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

JimLahey wrote:It's barbaric isn't it?
Leave it with me, i'll have a word with the Queen, she'll sort it.

There are a few days every week i don't drink. I fear drinking myself undrunk, i've seen it. My uncle once drunk for weeks on end and then at a family party he downed about 2 bottles whisky, 3 bottles wine, shit loads of cocktails, and shit loads of ales. He didn't get drunk, he just sat there seemingly undrunk and just called everyone that walked past him "now then you cunt" at the top of his voice. We had to stick him down the bottom corner of the garden.