Video Games

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, One for the Frog

nileblackflame
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Video Games

Post by nileblackflame »

Used to play for hours on end as a kid, now much less often. Perhaps its the nostalgic feeling the booze gives me, but I want to pull out my old PS2 or SNES or something and have a session.. With some Iron Maiden blaring in the background of course..

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Video Games

Post by Mr Boozificator »

nileblackflame wrote:Used to play for hours on end as a kid, now much less often. Perhaps its the nostalgic feeling the booze gives me, but I want to pull out my old PS2 or SNES or something and have a session.. With some Iron Maiden blaring in the background of course..
I still play Starcraft 2 every night with friends and I started video games back with Pong before acquiring a ZX 81 and then a Spectrum, got hired as beta tester before the concept was even invented. In 1987, my parents offered me an Atari ST and nowadays I've modified my Mac so that I can play all the old arcade games on it.
Yep, I'm a drunkard geek.
Anyone who hasn't been through the entire Pirates of the Monkey Island series just lost his spare time.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

John Lennon
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by John Lennon »

I recently set up my old Amiga 600. Great memories and some of those old school games are fucking tough!

Of course playing whilst loaded heightens the feeling, especially when I'm playing Lemmings and I have flashbacks of my video game enthusiastic uncle showing me how to play... whilst he was loaded of course!

Great memories!
Video games rule!

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

John Lennon wrote:I recently set up my old Amiga 600. Great memories and some of those old school games are fucking tough!

Of course playing whilst loaded heightens the feeling, especially when I'm playing Lemmings and I have flashbacks of my video game enthusiastic uncle showing me how to play... whilst he was loaded of course!

Great memories!
Video games rule!
Amiga, I remember Amiga. The dream machine nobody knew how to program.
In 1990, one of my friends bought a Neo Geo. Needless to say there's been some awesome games during the aperitif.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

This thread makes me want to play Beach Head on the old C-64.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

nileblackflame wrote:old PS2
Newjack.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

John Lennon wrote:I recently set up my old Amiga 600. Great memories and some of those old school games are fucking tough!

Great memories!
Video games rule!
Sensible World of Soccer - 'nuff said...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I could never get any of those emulators to work, but there were a few Sega Genesis games that were quite ambitious for that kind of system. I still wish that I could play Star Control.
Our first system, though, except for the hand-held "Merlin" was the Magnavox Odyssey 2000.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

remember tetris anyone?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

frankennietzsche wrote:I could never get any of those emulators to work, but there were a few Sega Genesis games that were quite ambitious for that kind of system. I still wish that I could play Star Control.
Our first system, though, except for the hand-held "Merlin" was the Magnavox Odyssey 2000.
I've installed MAME on my Mac, and then I've bought this: http://www.xgaming.com/
No kung fu alien invader from a medieval fantasy land is safe anymore.

binary
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by binary »

I've been playing a bunch of newer games recently, there are some fantastic ones available. Braid and Bastion, both on XBLA, are amazing games, with fantastic music for both, great gameplay for Braid, and great storytelling and ambiance for Bastion.

SC2 is great but too hard when drunk, I prefer to watch casts (especially day[9] who is the most hilarious).

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

all the fallout series are great to play loaded, especially new vegas.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Judge

Post by Judge »

My wife had a Pong game when I met her. I bought the kids a Nintendo in 89, a Sega in 92. Nothing ever since. Have no idea what constitutes a "vintage" game. I was pretty good at Pinball at the bowling alley as a kid.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Judge wrote:My wife had a Pong game when I met her. I bought the kids a Nintendo in 89, a Sega in 92. Nothing ever since. Have no idea what constitutes a "vintage" game. I was pretty good at Pinball at the bowling alley as a kid.
Every good bar should have a pinball machine. I loved Frankenstein and Monster Bash.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

binary wrote:I've been playing a bunch of newer games recently, there are some fantastic ones available. Braid and Bastion, both on XBLA, are amazing games, with fantastic music for both, great gameplay for Braid, and great storytelling and ambiance for Bastion.

SC2 is great but too hard when drunk, I prefer to watch casts (especially day[9] who is the most hilarious).
My drunk games are mostly shooters, but I have to confess that I enjoy Day J's/Husky's/TotalBiscuits casts to quite some extent as well.