Bars on the saturday night.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Bars on the saturday night.

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Has anyone recently found a bar on the Saturday night where interesting things still happen? The more I age, the more I get the feeling that the interesting moments at your local can only exist during the week days, and possibly only during the end of the afternoon. What do you think?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Bars on the saturday night.

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Oh, I know some but I'm getting too old for that. I want some peace and quiet. Get off my lawn!
I'll miss you, pallie.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I was to drop yo momma said, but time of that is past

Slainte

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Mr Boozificator wrote:Has anyone recently found a bar on the Saturday night where interesting things still happen? The more I age, the more I get the feeling that the interesting moments at your local can only exist during the week days, and possibly only during the end of the afternoon. What do you think?
This is true, Saturday is when everybody used to hookup, breakup, get in fights or bond. But we were all 21 then.

Now it's a thursday afternoon discussion of knee and hip surgeries and the obituary list.

Judge

Post by Judge »

I was married at 18. Never had the money to go to a bar until much much later and not too often at night. On those occasions I did I found it to be too much bother.

Mid to late afternoon weekdays or late morning early afternoon on Saturdays always seems the best to me. Good folks, few loudmouths and a decent time. No jukebox, TVs are low sound and the barmatron can easily see when you need a refill.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'm in my twenties, and Saturday night is still the easiest night to get mangled and cause trouble. I cause it because no one else will.

Of course, the crazier nights have occurred on weekday afternoons when a friend and I have decided to get drunk on a whim.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

If you can find no mayhem at your local, you must be the mayhem.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

Do the vast majority of my drink'n at home these days. Its not just the getting older factor, though I grant that's decent part of it. Where I am working right now has only really one conveniently located bar and it really couldn't suck more. So, piss on it, I'll sit in my yard chair hooch in hand. ;)

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"