Savage is Grace Slick

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Savage is Grace Slick

Post by BBoozer »

OK, Savage, maybe you are too young, but in my wildest fantasies I imagine you to have been a hippie singer and have now retired to your quiet home in California where you are preparing Halloween. But you can sing, can't you?

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Savage is Grace Slick

Post by Savage »

BBoozer wrote:OK, Savage, maybe you are too young, but in my wildest fantasies I imagine you to have been a hippie singer and have now retired to your quiet home in California where you are preparing Halloween. But you can sing, can't you?
er, no. Well, of course I can sing, but the general consensus of opinion is that I may not sing. When we had to sing hymns in CCD, the nuns wore out their rulers on me. But to address your inquiry, I admire Ms. Slick's brass-lunged bellows, but I also approve of Janis Joplin's growly, snarly purrs. And yes, Grace Slick is only four years younger than my mother, and Janis is the same age as my aunt. Sad that I cannot think of any younger singer that could top either one of the ladies.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I always thought of dear Lady S. as more of the Deborah Harry type.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Savage wrote:er, no. Well, of course I can sing, but the general consensus of opinion is that I may not sing. When we had to sing hymns in CCD, the nuns wore out their rulers on me. But to address your inquiry, I admire Ms. Slick's brass-lunged bellows, but I also approve of Janis Joplin's growly, snarly purrs. And yes, Grace Slick is only four years younger than my mother, and Janis is the same age as my aunt. Sad that I cannot think of any younger singer that could top either one of the ladies.
yes
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Judge

Post by Judge »

Savage wrote:
BBoozer wrote:OK, Savage, maybe you are too young, but in my wildest fantasies I imagine you to have been a hippie singer and have now retired to your quiet home in California where you are preparing Halloween. But you can sing, can't you?
er, no. Well, of course I can sing, but the general consensus of opinion is that I may not sing. When we had to sing hymns in CCD, the nuns wore out their rulers on me. But to address your inquiry, I admire Ms. Slick's brass-lunged bellows, but I also approve of Janis Joplin's growly, snarly purrs. And yes, Grace Slick is only four years younger than my mother, and Janis is the same age as my aunt. Sad that I cannot think of any younger singer that could top either one of the ladies.

Well! Take that Taylor Swift!

Good luck hunting Kennedys. You know they die young right? Oh, you did? Nevermind.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Look on the bright side, no-one is comparing you to 'Shania' (shudder).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:
Of course, I think you have a beautiful voice Ma. See how much you need me in your family?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re:

Post by Savage »

Palinka wrote:I always thought of dear Lady S. as more of the Deborah Harry type.
Ooh, I just looked up Debbie Harry, and she is old enough to be my slutty teen mom.
like tears in rain