Cheap Beer Comparison

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Cheap Beer Comparison

Post by coqui_chris »

Every time I had Hamm's was in South Bend. Decent stuff.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

I recently switched to Busch. A little cheaper than High Life, and it may actually taste beerier. I know, it's an AB product, but it is not bad for the price.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:I recently switched to Busch. A little cheaper than High Life, and it may actually taste beerier. I know, it's an AB product, but it is not bad for the price.
I was pretty upset by the uptick in price on high life recently

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:I recently switched to Busch. A little cheaper than High Life, and it may actually taste beerier. I know, it's an AB product, but it is not bad for the price.
I was pretty upset by the uptick in price on high life recently
Yup. That's what did it.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I still have very fond memories of PBR.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr ThirstyDrunk, sirrah, you are a swine. Taunting a poor fellow like that, when all he has is fine wine (Chablis) and strong liquor (russian vodka at 70% ABV).

I don't suppose that there are any British beers that you'd consider doing for a swapperoo for a sixer of PBR?
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

What's the British equivalent of Pabst, and what's the conversion rate?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

BloodThirstyDrunk wrote:What's the British equivalent of Pabst, and what's the conversion rate?
Hell's teeth! How about a four pack of Tennent's Super (9% ABV and come in half litre tinnies) - also known as 'Electric Soup' - for a bog standard sixer of PBR?
ドロンケン
ImageImage

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re:

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Palinka wrote:
BloodThirstyDrunk wrote:What's the British equivalent of Pabst, and what's the conversion rate?
Hell's teeth! How about a four pack of Tennent's Super (9% ABV and come in half litre tinnies) - also known as 'Electric Soup' - for a bog standard sixer of PBR?
That sounds like a good deal.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re:

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:
I can vouch for the excellence of Tennent's super
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Tennets Super, eh?

I know that Buckfast is the Mad Dog of Ireland and the U.K.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

coqui_chris wrote:Tennets Super, eh?

I know that Buckfast is the Mad Dog of Ireland and the U.K.
you can get mad dog in mainland U.K., but you have to go to "boutique" off licenses.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:...but you have to go to "boutique" off licenses.
Actually, Buckfast Abbey (the place where the infamous 'Buckie' is made) is only about 10 miles up the road from my current location. I would go but I'm scared about driving back...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re:

Post by peetie44 »

Palinka wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:...but you have to go to "boutique" off licenses.
Actually, Buckfast Abbey (the place where the infamous 'Buckie' is made) is only about 10 miles up the road from my current location. I would go but I'm scared about driving back...
Palinka...do you get any of the Karlsquell beers where you are...German lagers and pils? They aren't high alcohol but they're dirt cheap and decent.

I'm in northeast Belgium, on the border with Holland and @45mins from Germany. The local Aldi market has Karlsquell pils for @€4,50 x 18 x 33cl cans (4.8% abv). Not sure, but I believe(?) the Karlsquell lager I buy is brewed in Belgium.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be