Sustenance

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Sustenance

Post by mistah willies »

Please forgive a fellow new to this forum for creating a topic.

However, after somewhat thorough ( and drunken) review and enjoyment of the archives, one thing stuck out in particular.

No, it wasn't from the NSFW secret forum and the photos of nude members. Forum community members, that is.

It was this: For all of the descriptions of food enjoyed, there is no thread that I can find dedicated to the all important but secondary dietary consideration: Food.

It is wise and proper to attend to the tummy much as we douse the liver, in order to sustain energy enough to continue to toughen up the liver with more drinking.

What are some foods that help you in your own drunken quest for the prize of "Toughest, Largest Liver?"

Me? I quite enjoy cooking while drinking. Those around me encourage me to drink in order to sustain them with some culinary cutthroat cuisine.

I make a mean cast-iron-skillet butter-fried chuck steak, or fresh fish, or whatever else is in the pantry/larder/pilfered from the neighbor's house while they are sleeping.

What is your favorite thing to cook up?
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Sustenance

Post by Mr. Viking »

if you drink enough there is no need to eat, except fruits and vegetables. I eat a lot because I don't drink enough. i like to eat liver and kidneys (calf, bull, pig, or sheep) I eat barley in any stew I can. I eat sausages because they are funny. I love bacon because it is awesome. I eat a lot of cheese because it is cheaper than meat. Tomatoes are very good for you. I eat and drink lots of apples and oranges. I eat a lot of bananas because they are cheap. Doner kebabs are wonderful but potentially ruinous. I eat a lot of curry because it makes boring food good. Crisps (Potato chips) are one of the higher forms of sustenance in my diet plan.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

There's been a few food threads on here, but they always seem to drop off after a while (this one's still up: http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67201).

I live in a house with my manager and his wife (I'm a musician) and both of them love to cook. So I pretty much handle the KP chores. We eat a lot of soups and stews, pasta dishes and a variety of fish, fowl and meat. About once a month I make a large pot of chili and during the warmer months, I like to slow cook various meats on the BBQ. We have 3 running refrigerators and there's always some kind of tasty leftovers lurking in one of them. I just whipped up a batch of BBQ sauce that is aging/curing nicely in one of the fridges.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

i also eat fish when I remember I like it, about once a week
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Certainly in my house bacon has its' own food group. That said, recently my wife has taken to making some kickass white bean chicken chili that has simply been rockin' me. Her meatloaf is also a fan favorite, and this time of year there's lots of soups and meat sauce on the stovetop.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

peetie44 wrote: I just whipped up a batch of BBQ sauce that is aging/curing nicely in one of the fridges.
Thank you for the links, good sir. Now, about your BBQ recipe... Care to divulge?
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

Blackneto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Blackneto »

tdcwillies wrote: No, it wasn't from the NSFW secret forum and the photos of nude members. Forum community members, that is.
this exist(ed)s?

on to the subject... one thing we like to do is get cheap pork chops, you know the not so pretty cut up ones.
We brine them then pound them out flat and bread them in egg and bread crumbs.
After frying up in the pan the wife makes pan gravy.

by far my favorite meal.
it's all chaff, a striving after the wind.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Ahhh...Wiener Schnitzels...

I rarely eat, preferring to take my nutrition from pills, booze and stuff leftover in my cocktail glasses (olives, onions, the occasional dead rat etc).

I wouldn't recommend it, but it seems to work for me.

And I really hate being forced to eat: it hurts, go bother someone else, do-gooding fucker.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

tonight:

hummus and tadziki dips with chips (that's fried corn tortilla chips, brits), fresh greens with candied walnuts and strawberries, topped with a sweet vinegarette.

for our main course we have local shrimp in a cauliflour pesto over pasta.

i wanna say dessert is lemon chess pie, but i'm not absolutely certain, as one of the guests is bringing it.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

sounds nice

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

The wife and I just bought a deep fryer. I've worked out a method for straining the oil for multiple uses. We've gotten good at making Buffalo wings, and I have produced some of the best fries I've ever eaten. Also calamari.

Tomorrow we're going to make branzini fillets on a skillet, with pesto stuff and some nice cheeses.

Food has always been a secondary consideration for me, but the girlie takes it quite seriously, and who am I to argue?
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

With Buffalo wings, I prefer the heat from a loooong dry rub before a deep fry, as opposed to the vinegar sauce as a condiment.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Lemon is good for your liver, so is garlic.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

JimLahey wrote:Lemon is good for your liver, so is garlic.
Served with Fava beans and a nice Chianti, indeed. I'm quite partial to the Nebieul, although it is deemed by oneophiles as a lesser quality grape.

However, I am lesser of a quality drinker. I'm more suitable for the dark streets Peidmont that the lights of Trebbiano or the flashy fashion streets Merlots on Broadway.

But that's with wine.

Liquor and beer tend to be my mainstays.

Garlic is indicated, by you, Sir Lahey. Try this: Saute equal amounts of ground pepper and butter and garlic until the fat changes the heat of black pepper into a nutty sauce. It makes a great roux start.

My own liver would make it's own pickled, alcoholic gravy, and it would be great.

Cheers, Sir Lahey

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

JimLahey wrote:Lemon is good for your liver, so is garlic.
unless you're a vampire