The Blackout Thread

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Blackout

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I saw the Scorpions on the Blackout tour. What was that bout '81-82? I think Night Ranger opened.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Night Ranger is terrible.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

My husband has Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

I don't remember any black-outs. I hear great stories though. I went to a house party YEARS ago for the first time- or so I thought. I show up and everyone is greeting me and giving me hugs. They all know me! Apparently (the word used most by drunkards everywhere) I had gone and partied there two times before. I discovered that the second time I went there and was blacked-out, that my black-out self is much like an alternate personality. Black-out Crystal remembers everything that has happened in other blackouts, but only in black-out mode. If I am not in that mode, I don't remember any other previous black-outs.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: A beautiful blackout

Post by mistah willies »

DeeboCools wrote:I support this message. It's easy to fall out of touch with what drunks did before TV, the internet, and even electricity. They fucking walked around and talked to people. It's fun every once in a while!
I concur. Very well put. Nothing like face time instead of Facebook (Blecch). But hey, I'm a happy drunk between the extremes of, "Wuz you lookin' at me?!" and the other direction of, "Ya know whut? I friggin' love you man."

Armed with a good tale, a couple of jokes and a bottle, a fine night awaits the non-driving drunkard.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

If my life was a video game I would have most of the blackout achievement trophies. Still missing the come to in a different state/country than you went drinking in. I don't count the time I went drinking in Mexico and woke up in the US since that was the plan.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Oggar wrote:If my life was a video game I would have most of the blackout achievement trophies. Still missing the come to in a different state/country than you went drinking in. I don't count the time I went drinking in Mexico and woke up in the US since that was the plan.
I always try that, then wake up enexpectedly
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Oggar wrote:...I went drinking in Mexico and woke up in the US...
Man, that is nothing compared to the time that I went out for a quiet nightcap in Budapest and ended up having to escape tp Mankato, Mn, after accidentally marrying some crazy...Oh, wait! You were there. In fact you tried to pull my sorry donkey out of the fire. Remember, the "T-shirt made of bruises"?

Thank you, (older) brother, I hope that I can return a favour as big as that, one day.

Cheers,
P.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Palinka wrote:
Man, that is nothing compared to the time that I went out for a quiet nightcap in Budapest and ended up having to escape tp Mankato, Mn, after accidentally marrying some crazy...Oh, wait! You were there. In fact you tried to pull my sorry donkey out of the fire. Remember, the "T-shirt made of bruises"?

Thank you, (older) brother, I hope that I can return a favour as big as that, one day.

Cheers,
P.
Aye sir, I recall. Even chatted with Ball-puncher Missy a little while ago. She says "Hi."

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Professor Roomie »

Palinka wrote:

Cheers,
P.
I still find it hilarious that someone thought Brian was the elder brother.
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Professor Roomie wrote:
Palinka wrote:

Cheers,
P.
I still find it hilarious that someone thought Brian was the elder brother.
Yeah, that was hilarious.{sarcasm}

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Professor Roomie »

One of my favorite blackout stories is from a few years back. I go down to the bar downstairs, and one of the regular ladies comes up to me and says, "Thanks again for last night."
"What did I do last night?" I asked.
She proceeded to explain how just after bar close the previous evening I ran into her outside of the bar on my way home from a different bar. Some guy was hassling her, so I ran him off and sat with her until her ride showed up. "It kind of bothers me that you don't remember that."
I just shrugged and smiled, "Isn't even more awesome that I did that while I was blacked out."

Oh, and supposedly I helped saved Ruiner's life at MassCon when I was blacked out.
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Oggar wrote:Yeah, that was hilarious.{sarcasm}
Never quite understood that one. I mean, for starters I have a quite different accent and look like Keith Richards on a bad day. So, wtf? Still, it was humorous at the time.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Professor Roomie wrote:Oh, and supposedly I helped saved Ruiner's life at MassCon when I was blacked out.
Was that after his pants became a fountain of pee?
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

jackstraw
Souse
Souse

Post by jackstraw »

black Out is a word used in AA- - - - to us is just a missing piece time that others will remind us of-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ZDoEBW6q8

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

ukdrinker wrote:Im close to blackout here - any blackout stories?
Nope. As far as I know, I was having a wonderful time on the Island...
I'm a permanent guest there.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter