Akvavit

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Akvavit

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

steved2112 wrote:
frankennietzsche wrote:
ivan wrote:I've been on a bit of a kick lately.
I had some Swedish stuff that was aged in Sherry casks. It had a nice taste and had some color to it.
A moose once bit my sister...
Where?

Canada? Or south of the border?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

tdcwillies wrote:I keep getting these little bottles of Dad's Knightly Haircut (I think it's called that?) from a very old and rich Austrian woman who would visit my tribe's Bingo and offer gifts she'd taken the bother to smuggle over for us.

Here's a pic, (with color for you, Mr. Viking, ya basterd)

wait, what?
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

One taste was enough for me. But she'll never know that they get thrown out, unopened.
No need to hurt her feelings.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

tdcwillies wrote:...that they get thrown out, unopened...
That's alcohol abuse, right there! You hold onto those bad boys and you'll give me yet another reason to swing by Maine, next time I am States-side; although with both your good self and Sgt HSA, there, I don't need much more persuasion...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:
tdcwillies wrote:...that they get thrown out, unopened...
That's alcohol abuse, right there! You hold onto those bad boys and you'll give me yet another reason to swing by Maine, next time I am States-side; although with both your good self and Sgt HSA, there, I don't med much more persuasion...
Not even certain this vile fluid is meant for anything other than removing rust from bolts.

When the elderly Austrian lady visits our Bingo next month, I'll send to you what she brings. Trust me, find someone who can read austrian before you crack the seal.

Blecch

But my front door is always open to you, kind Sir Palinka.

Here's a video I found from that awful fateful night when i first tasted the Anus of Nachtlicktenstineburger...

I took the brunt of it.. My nephew in law is to my right, and my brother in law is hovering over my left. He threw up when he finished it. But we, do, in fact, still talk. Just from afar, over fences and garbage cans.
Last edited by mistah willies on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tdcwillies wrote:Click the black hole and no harm to you. I took the brunt of it. My nephew in law is to my right, and my brother in law is hovering over my left. He threw up when he finished it. But we, do, in fact, still talk. Just from afar, over fences and garbage cans.

sadly my computer won't play the whole video. Sounds like fun though. New computer on thursday hopefully
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote: sadly my computer won't play the whole video. Sounds like fun though. New computer on Thursday hopefully
Perhaps a simple link might make it work better for you, Mr. Viking, and others? Perhaps the video black box is eating up too much bandwidth for this mighty site. I will edit my previous post and remove it. Would you edit your own post as well and remove it? That would be kind of you.

Here we go.

Judge

Post by Judge »

steved2112 wrote:
frankennietzsche wrote:
ivan wrote:I've been on a bit of a kick lately.
I had some Swedish stuff that was aged in Sherry casks. It had a nice taste and had some color to it.
A moose once bit my sister...
Mind you,moose bites can get pretty nasty...
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Groggy
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Groggy »

Tried it once. Ice cold, it was not too bad going down. Tasted caraway seed for two days after consuming. Will not revisit.
Alcohol is a symphony

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

They are some of god's most terrible creatures.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."