Public Healthcare

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Public Healthcare

Post by Mr. Viking »

Are we for or against?
Personally I am for. I can't legitimately be against because I have received surgery and essential medical attention from the NHS
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Public Healthcare

Post by GSG »

I'm for it too, but then I'm biased because the NHS brought me into this world and they continue to care for me brilliantly to this day. Sure they make mistakes - they're human after all - but no more than I've ever heard from anywhere else in the world. The NHS also provided a slightly weird (mind you, almost all of it was gloriously weird) segment in the opening ceremony of the Olympics last year. FYI, nurses in our hospitals wear roller skates as standard and a visit from Voldemort comes at no extra cost.

I suppose what I'm interested in knowing is why lots of people think public healthcare isn't a good idea.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I'm all for it, but with sensible guidelines and parameters.

Much like the nuisance lawsuit, professional freeloaders, chronic hypochondriacs and health-issue drama-queens should not be allowed to game the system to the extent that the cost of public healthcare becomes financially unsustainable.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Don't forget the able-bodied disabled. <Compass>
But, those people already abuse what system we have. But, again, it seems that getting those who would abuse the system on disability so that their case can be managed may be better.
Or, at least, that's what these people would have you believe:
http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:I'm for it too, but then I'm biased because the NHS brought me into this world and they continue to care for me brilliantly to this day.
I can't remember if I was an NHS baby. I think my sister was a private birth in Dublin, my brother was private in lisburn, but I think I was a freebie in lisburn.
My sister was born in Hollow Street I think it's called, because it was in the red light district and my dad's best man's wife, who works in medical supplies, reckoned it was the best maternity unit in the country, because they bought the most top end maternity kit.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

I went to the emergency room last night. that was fun. would've chosen a regular check up. that's all.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The way things are and have been, the emergency rooms of public hospitals are America's National Health System.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

frankennietzsche wrote:The way things are and have been, the emergency rooms of public hospitals are America's National Health System.

you are not even joking. the nurse at the hospital gave me a business card to talk to about getting some insurance. I have hospital bills all across the country that i'm not proud of, but I had no other choice, even if it was just for antibiotics, or something stupid like I had yesterday..(needed to get an infected earring out my ear)..when I went, I tried to list all the things wrong w/ my health..trying to kill multiple birds w/ one stone....I got 2/6 done. to the ER staff here, they were very kind, and I had no wait after triage. I got an EKG just because my chest has been hurting...all is well there. but my point is, why can't I just go into a regular doctor every now and again? i'm pushing 40 and I surely need a physical.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

In the USA you've got two sides there are entirely missing the point ...

Democrats support a national healthcare system because of the gross epidemic of people uncovered by their employers. This National Healthcare System is taxpayer funded. Therefore, taxpayers need to have money to draw revenue from, right? Makes sense. But wait a minute ... That means that the majority of Americans need a middle-class job that gives them a middle-class income. And shouldn't that job just be giving them health benefits as part and parcel of their earnings?

The Republicans are indignant to a National Healthcare System. More revenue will have to be raised by higher taxes to pay for this National Healthcare System. Expansion of the welfare system. The nerve! But wait a minute ... The Republicans want to expand free trade agreements, undermine collective bargaining agreements, remove safety regulations and empower employers to further extinguish what few defined pension-plans are available and not be burdened to provide health care ... Thereby necessitating that people go on welfare!

What the fuck am I missing here? Does either party have a clue?
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I like the NHS. The stopped my Mother from dying, when I was born, and occasionally throw work my way.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

coqui_chris wrote:In the USA you've got two sides there are entirely missing the point ...

Democrats support a national healthcare system because of the gross epidemic of people uncovered by their employers. This National Healthcare System is taxpayer funded. Therefore, taxpayers need to have money to draw revenue from, right? Makes sense. But wait a minute ... That means that the majority of Americans need a middle-class job that gives them a middle-class income. And shouldn't that job just be giving them health benefits as part and parcel of their earnings?

The Republicans are indignant to a National Healthcare System. More revenue will have to be raised by higher taxes to pay for this National Healthcare System. Expansion of the welfare system. The nerve! But wait a minute ... The Republicans want to expand free trade agreements, undermine collective bargaining agreements, remove safety regulations and empower employers to further extinguish what few defined pension-plans are available and not be burdened to provide health care ... Thereby necessitating that people go on welfare!

What the fuck am I missing here? Does either party have a clue?
Come join the Louisville Fascist People's Party.
We have uniforms and like to march.
Also, there's bratwurst.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Kill kill kill kill kill the poor.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Sometimes I do feel like it's a lottery win to be born in Finland, apart from alcohol prices.

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

You're probably right. It sucks here except for the alcohol prices.
It's always a good day to get ripped!

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Kill kill kill kill kill the poor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg