From Russia With Love

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

From Russia With Love

Post by GSG »

Unless you're gay that is. Putin and Co. recently passed a law making it illegal to 'spread propaganda' to the under 18s about homosexuality and other non-hetero monogamous relationships. If this wasn't enough of a step back (at first glance it sounds rather like Section 28), it also appears that the laws are so vague that 'spreading propaganda' might encompass even a public admission of being gay yourself. Should the Winter Olympics be boycotted as some have suggested?
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Palinka (RIP)

Re: From Russia With Love

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

So, basically, it seems that anyone who is gay or supports gay rights can rule out going to the next Winter Olympics or the 2022 World Cup. Will the Olympics committee or FIFA do anything about it? Will they hell. Too much money involved, and the "charming" Sepp Blatter, in defence, inferred that gay people weren't interested in sports, anyway. The dickhead (seriously, look at a picture of him, his head looks like a dick*).

Do you think that David Cameron, the British Prime Minister who pushed the gay marriage bill through Parliament, will be arrested when he next visits Russia? Hopefully the thought may prompt him to allow a UK boycott of the event.

Putin is starting to make Yeltsin look like a well-balanced Russian politician.

* This is satire and, therefore, not libellous.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

As usual, SomethingAwful* provides a excellent satirical image on the subject.

* Probably best not to click this link whilst at work, even though it does take you to the least risque page.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

This seems like a throwback to the Stalinist directive labeling homosexuals as counterrevolutionary and all that. Putin staying true to his roots.

Interesting turn of events, though. This and the Snowden affair have gotten two different sides calling for the boycott of the Chechen Olympics in American politics.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Judge

Post by Judge »

Absolutely hornswaggled....as soon as I read the title I heard Matt Monro in my head....does that connect me in any odd way to the conversation?
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

Judge wrote:Absolutely hornswaggled....as soon as I read the title I heard Matt Monro in my head....does that connect me in any odd way to the conversation?
It depends whether you find him charming or not.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I thought nothing of this at first, then I saw some pictures of previous gay pride parades in moscow. It really is barbaric. I can only hope that the lies and hate will die off in time. There does seem to be a small, but worrying trend in some countries for the implementation of new discriminatory laws based on racism, sectarianism and other backwardisms. I think it's linked somehow with peoples fears and this global recession
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best