Animal Rights

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Animal Rights

Post by Frankennietzsche »

This film is getting a lot of discussion and apropos to this conversation:

http://blackfishmovie.com/

And Seaworld is pissed off about it.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

fuckin humans are the worst.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:fuckin humans are the worst.
But with proper seasoning and a high heat on the grill...

Judge

Post by Judge »

tdcwillies wrote:
Longpig....very tasty...baste well with the moppin' sauce.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Judge wrote:
tdcwillies wrote:
Longpig....very tasty...baste well with the moppin' sauce.
http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-ser ... tcher.html
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Animals have rights.

They also have lefts. Both are good when barbequed.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

I've a pork loin in my crockpot as we speak. and it smells good. and i'm happy. :)
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

I love a good pork for my loins.....
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

is it really fair to keep an animal as a pet?

I have a dog called spud, who I adore. Not sure if he likes me though, except when he gets a walk or a run on the beach. I feel guilty that he is on his own though, only gets to chat to other dogs on wednesdays when my mu7m takes him to the park with his best friend spencer. Would he be happier in the co mpany of other dogs? He certainly wouldn't be so well fed, and would be much more likely to get sick, but I don't know if he might be happier
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:is it really fair to keep an animal as a pet?

I have a dog called spud, who I adore. Not sure if he likes me though, except when he gets a walk or a run on the beach. I feel guilty that he is on his own though, only gets to chat to other dogs on wednesdays when my mu7m takes him to the park with his best friend spencer. Would he be happier in the co mpany of other dogs? He certainly wouldn't be so well fed, and would be much more likely to get sick, but I don't know if he might be happier
Sir, your avatar with the upside down glasses made me laugh my arse off sideways.

(Imagine if the lenses let in light in the same manner, like polarisation does? I've enough trouble seeing straight in a pub, much less upside down...)

I consider my own four-legged friend to be a part of our pack, and I think that this is how he prefers it as well.

Now matter how low he is on the (I despise the phrase "low man on the totem pole") ranking, he seems to take comfort in knowing his place, simply because he has a place.

With us, in my family.

Pack.

Back in the day, to work in order to pay for university, I was a delivery man (no milk-man jokes, please!) and by the end of the day, every home that had a dog would regard my pant legs as the daily courier.

Catch up on the news, via the almighty nose. Dogs know where you've been, and what it is that you have been up to.

But they never tell anyone.

God love 'em.

Also, thankfully, I never got a leg raised up on me from one of them to mark his territory.

Almost got bit a few times, but that is a tale for another drink.

Cheers

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tdcwillies wrote:(Imagine if the lenses let in light in the same manner, like polarisation does? I've enough trouble seeing straight in a pub, much less upside down...)
The lenses work just the same, as it is simply a concave polycarbonate lens shaped to fit the frame (and also curved, but they are ground to compensate for that). As such, so long as it isn't moved any farther away from my eyes it works fine. I quite often turn them upside down for longer shots at snooker, so I'm not looking over the top. To polarize light you need a very fine grating. I believe some high end sunglasses are polarized to cut down the light entering your eyes, but the most common polarizer you will encounter is in the rear view mirror of most cars. If you flip the tab at the bottom it changes the angle of the mirror so that the light is partly polarized and glare from headlights behind you is reduced
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote: I quite often turn them upside down for longer shots at snooker, so I'm not looking over the top. To polarize light you need a very fine grating.
No harsh to you for your versatility in utilizing familiar tools in a new and insightful manner. I've found many uses for my Doc Martens, and the least comfortable but also most beneficial were as a pillow: Kept me from gurgling the full belly back up as I went doggo form conciousness

Mr. Viking wrote: I believe some high end sunglasses are polarized to cut down the light entering your eyes, but the most common polarizer you will encounter is in the rear view mirror of most cars. If you flip the tab at the bottom it changes the angle of the mirror so that the light is partly polarized and glare from headlights behind you is reduced
Indeed! Next time you find yourself facing a bright blue sky wearing a pair of such polarized glasses, put the sun to your back (wear welding glioves, it's quite hot) and then tilt your head first to the left shoulder and then to the right. The blue sky will dissipate in one of these directions.

The scatter of the blue waves is diminished until the sky darkens, per the linearity of the filter lines.

To wit: If the manufacturers could achieve perfect polarization, then the scene would appear much as infrared photography does.

The complete scatter of light would be eliminated, and our shield of blue would give way to the view that astronauts must have seen from the lunar surface: the Sun with a backdrop of black velvet; stars gleaming like diamonds strewn across the surface of eternity.

Fuck I'm buzzed Cheers bud

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tdcwillies wrote: Indeed! Next time you find yourself facing a bright blue sky wearing a pair of such polarized glasses, put the sun to your back (wear welding glioves, it's quite hot) and then tilt your head first to the left shoulder and then to the right. The blue sky will dissipate in one of these directions.

The scatter of the blue waves is diminished until the sky darkens, per the linearity of the filter lines.

To wit: If the manufacturers could achieve perfect polarization, then the scene would appear much as infrared photography does.

The complete scatter of light would be eliminated, and our shield of blue would give way to the view that astronauts must have seen from the lunar surface: the Sun with a backdrop of black velvet; stars gleaming like diamonds strewn across the surface of eternity.

Fuck I'm buzzed Cheers bud
That is because the light we get from the sun is polarized by the scattering when it hits the air molecules in the atmosphere. You can also do the same thing with the newer style of 3D glasses, which polarize each eye at right angles to each other, and gives a slightly pshychedellic effect when you wear them and look into a friends eyes when they are wearing them. (If you have no friends a mirror will do)

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:You can also do the same thing with the newer style of 3D glasses, which polarize each eye at right angles to each other, and gives a slightly pshychedellic effect when you wear them and look into a friends eyes when they are wearing them. (If you have no friends a mirror will do)
First time I used them was in that Avatar movie. If you take them off and peer through them from the front side, at the screen, it truly becomes a psychedelic experience. It might give one a headache if done for too long, howevah

Cheers young man
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze