cold beer

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

cold beer

Post by Mr. Viking »

how cold do you like your beer? i usually like mine at "cellar temperature" which I believe is around 12 C (54 F). It is nice o be very cold when it's warm like this though, but then my cans got too cold and the beer got frozen in
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Re: cold beer

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Beer is just something to do between drinks.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

i like beer, I drink it all the time
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Cold as possible. Have suffered from frozen beers as well, though. I'm open to mixing this up, too, as my preferences have been shaped, to a good extent, by Tennent's.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

It depends on the beer. Guinness, for instance, is brewed to taste best at the average UK pub's cellar temperature. American macro brew, on the other hand, is best when ice cold.

A can of Budweiser, pulled from the bottom of an ice chest on a summer's day in SoCal, is a thing of beauty.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

OtisCampbell
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by OtisCampbell »

I recently drank a room temperature Schlitz 1960's recipe. It tasted like corn juice. Chilled, it tasted almost beer-like.
Pipe down, Otis!!!!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

OtisCampbell wrote:I recently drank a room temperature Schlitz 1960's recipe. It tasted like corn juice. Chilled, it tasted almost beer-like.
That sounds like something I will try. Thank you Otis, Sir Elevator.

I keep three beers out of the fridge for the morning, because they are mush easier to chug that way. And, get the burps out of the way.

Sometimes I brush my teeth with beer as a rinse.

Ice cold beer is indeed a blessing on a hot day, peetie, and best after doing something that makes me feel like i done something. Feels respectable.

Guinness is best to sip at the cellar temp, which, I believe, The Mighty Mr Viking imparted to me in a previous thread, is not as cold as we murricans liek our brewskies.

Indeed, beer is water for drunkards. Water is for AA losers.

Whiskey makes me drink more and talk smarter (so I think at the time)

Tequila makes me think I can dance, (prolly because I am trying to remain straight) and i can't dance anyway. That;s for the young folks

Dark spicy Rum is desert at any time

Wine is when I want ot eat and try to have witty converstaions with folks. It can get ahead of me. no descriptions

Vodika is my mistress.

I need to start becomeing a bnetter drunkard and mixing drinks.

Sooo many more alcholos, so little time

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Ale or stout, I guess around the 'slightly chilled' mark - probably around 15 C. If ale gets too cold, I find it starts to lose a bit of flavour. Lager, I prefer much colder - like between 0 and 5 degrees. I'm running a 10k race next month, and I can't imagine anything more refreshing afterwards than a cold cold Red Stripe...

Also, this one time, I put some Red Stripe in the freezer to chill it quickly, but then fell asleep. I woke up and went to bed, but then woke up again and remembered about the Red Stripe in the freezer. I though 'Oh fuck it's probably exploded due to the pressure and stuff' but when I went down and looked, it was just fine, and then I drank it :-)
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

kowalski wrote:...I put some Red Stripe in the freezer to chill it quickly, but then fell asleep...
I did same, once, with some (Russian) Georgian "Champagne", in a Hungarian 'fridge's freezer compartment. Completely fucked the 'fridge...

...As I recall, I ended up setting fire to the place (it was a fucking tip) and telling the landlord that his gas pipes were worn (I didn't take a penny from him and he kept my deposit - actually I think he was a bit pleased because it was way over-insured).
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Palinka wrote:
kowalski wrote:...I put some Red Stripe in the freezer to chill it quickly, but then fell asleep...
I did same, once, with some (Russian) Georgian "Champagne", in a Hungarian 'fridge's freezer compartment. Completely fucked the 'fridge...

...As I recall, I ended up setting fire to the place (it was a fucking tip) and telling the landlord that his gas pipes were worn (I didn't take a penny from him and he kept my deposit - actually I think he was a bit pleased because it was way over-insured).
Heh, that's the difference between champagne (Russian or otherwise) and lager in a can...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

"Couple'a co co one's with the boys"

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

keep my beer in the fridge or a cooler of ice.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

In the UK I went to several bars where the Guinness tap said "extra cold." Gotta say, it was pretty tasty.

I like beer to be pretty cold, especially if it's real cheap. The craft brew movement here has caused some to be very precious about the temperature, serving vessel, etc. but I don't bother with such nonsense. Some of us are trying to get drunk.

Epcot at Disney World here in Florida offers one the opportunity to "Drink Around the World" by sampling libations in each of the represented national areas. In the Japan area, they serve very cold Asahi with a frozen beer "head" that is poured onto the beer from a separate slushie machine. That's some cold fuckin beer.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

frankennietzsche wrote:"Couple'a co co one's with the boys"

ドロンケン
ImageImage

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

I like it about as cold as it can be without having little ice slushies forming in it. If it's not supposed to be serve that cold, I can always let it sit outside of the fridge for a while before pouring or pour and wait a while. Beer too cold is easily solved, beer too warm is a pain in the ass.