The Daily Nut (your way of making a living)

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The Daily Nut (your way of making a living)

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

To step up and spill my own beans, I refinish discarded furniture and sell it at a decent profit, and I also do freelance writing (marketing and sales writing, mostly, and it pays decent but it leaves me feeling slimy, which is why furniture refinishing comes in handy) and my ultimate goal is to become a gov'ment employee...at least those folks have insurance and pensions and so on (I'm US, which makes me pretty jumpy about health insurance).

So anyway, if it's not too obtrusive, how do you guys make your daily nut? If you'd rather not say, I understand.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: The Daily Nut (your way of making a living)

Post by Mr. Viking »

having recently dropped out of my degree course I will shortly be leaving for liverpool, to help renovate houses, and in doing so, learn how to do most of the repairs and maintenance on the houses, along with keeping accounts and all the other stuff that goes with it. Will be working for my dad, who I suppose is best described as some sort of slumlord, and rents housing to the government for the housing of asylum seekers and recent immigrants, though increasingly we are trying to rent to normal folk, as the requirements for their housing are less, although the income isn't always as reliable
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I install devices that piss people off when they work while saving their lives.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Screwball wrote:I install devices that piss people off when they work while saving their lives.
You build beer dispensers?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Screwball wrote:I install devices that piss people off when they work while saving their lives.
You build beer dispensers?
If you could have built beer dispensers in Afghanistan, that part of the world would be calmer...although the Youtube antics of newly inebriated youth would explode.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I run a metal testing lab for the government and I also own and maintain several rentals. Up until the baby came I always bartended on the side as well.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by NightShiftCharlie »

I stack cases on pallets at a cake mix plant to get them ready for shipping. At the plant I work in, we make cake mixes, cookie mixes, biscuit/scone mixes, pancake/crepe/waffle mixes, etc., mostly store brand stuff (just about every major chain in the U.S. and Canada has contracted with us, along with a few Latin American and European exporters), but we do some name brand stuff, too.
May you all be hung, drawn, and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with precious metals and jewels
DRAWN - in a coach and four
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

NightShiftCharlie wrote:I stack cases on pallets at a cake mix plant to get them ready for shipping. At the plant I work in, we make cake mixes, cookie mixes, biscuit/scone mixes, pancake/crepe/waffle mixes, etc., mostly store brand stuff (just about every major chain in the U.S. and Canada has contracted with us, along with a few Latin American and European exporters), but we do some name brand stuff, too.
I LIKE CAKE
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

NightShiftCharlie wrote:I stack cases on pallets at a cake mix plant to get them ready for shipping. At the plant I work in, we make cake mixes, cookie mixes, biscuit/scone mixes, pancake/crepe/waffle mixes, etc., mostly store brand stuff (just about every major chain in the U.S. and Canada has contracted with us, along with a few Latin American and European exporters), but we do some name brand stuff, too.
I applied at a place like that once. The tour through the plant damn near killed me.
Being allergic to nuts is a real bitch sometimes. I don't even know what they had that had nuts in it. All I remember is the projectile vomiting.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

waahoohah wrote:
Being allergic to nuts is a real bitch sometimes.
How do you walk?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

frankennietzsche wrote:
waahoohah wrote:
How do you walk?
Wild west gun slinger monkey style.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I'm living off the money I made working for Wall St. bankers. I'll be claiming SS bennies next summer, too. I don't do anything but eat, sleep, read, workout and last but not least drink. Don't have the desire to travel because it's too dangerous if you drink like I do.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Screwball wrote:
frankennietzsche wrote:
waahoohah wrote:
How do you walk?
Wild west gun slinger monkey style.

Holy shit that made me spill my rum. This will be my new quote in the sig line.

Carry on good men

(edited because of drunkardivity that night)
Last edited by mistah willies on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I sell candy, crutches, cough drops, wheelchairs, and narcotics.
YES YOU CAN
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:I LIKE CAKE
Then here's a treat for you. Taken from Cake's seond album:

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage