Political Ignorance

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Political Ignorance

Post by Resident Asshole »

It's one thing to be ignorant and it's another to open your mouth on national TV and prove it. Oh my Americans, we are in trouble.
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/83292-w ... are-prank/
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Political Ignorance

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

And leading Conservative Party members call out the Daily Mail over "lies" about the Labour Party leader's father.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

try living in Northern Ireland
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:try living in Northern Ireland
Believe it or not, I try to avoid political or religious (including the fitba) conversations. So, whilst I would love to visit NI, the prospect does unnerve me.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:try living in Northern Ireland
Believe it or not, I try to avoid political or religious (including the fitba) conversations. So, whilst I would love to visit NI, the prospect does unnerve me.
I wouldn't bother the worry, it's only a minority, the same type of minority people are scared of in london, or glasgow, who cause trouble. They have also lost their teeth as political support for righteous gangsterism has happily died a death

I encounter it more often when on the mainland "so, are you a protestant or a catholic?"* and I respond neither, I don't believe in that sort of thing, but I have a quaker (non-violent) family on one side and a church of Ireland on the other. These are both protestant religions but I don't follow them. Despite this I am a (small n) nationalist. I have had mre aggravation in england than I have either in glasgow or NI. Your worries are thankfully now unbounded. there are still some bastions of bigotry, but it is difficult to end up in them by mistake. You should visit NI some time. Very peculiar nd unique drinking culture

*whenever I have explained to the questioner that no I am neither Dutch, nor Canadian, but Irish
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I will try to take you up on that idea, soon.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that NI was in anyway more violent than, as you pointed out, the mainland.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:I will try to take you up on that idea, soon.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that NI was in anyway more violent than, as you pointed out, the mainland.
it is a common misconception, and it doesn't annoy me any more now than the fact that cheese packages have got smaller in supermarkets (which does actually annoy me a fair bit)

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Mr. Sandman wrote:cheese packages have got smaller in supermarkets (which does actually annoy me a fair bit)
Monster Munch have got smaller too. They're not like when I was a kid when each crisp was practically the size of my face. I also remember when the Beano wasn't entirely in colour and cost 20p, Dennis the Menace wore proper shitkicking boots and Gnasher had pointy teeth. Sherbert Fountains used to be slightly dangerous and my mum was still going on about something called Spangles. Great days.

But really, Monster Munch HAVE got smaller, and now I'm going to closely examine the cheese in Tesco.

Back to the thread (sorry for my detour) - I think it's the confidence with which they speak about stuff they don't know about that's the most shocking. Still, good to know that people are prepared to hate something without having any idea why. But if it makes you feel any better, it's not just you lot - one of my students the other day had no idea who your president was. It's OK, I told her it's Clinton or Truman or something. I'm a born teacher.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Judge

Post by Judge »

I remember when Kimmel and Carolla had a booth at a mall denoucing "women's sufferage" and all these soccer moms, earth mothers and college age girls signing the petition to "end women's sufferage".

Apparently nobody got a passing grade in 7th year social studies. Susan B. Anthony wonders why she bothered.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Hanging Judge wrote:I remember when Kimmel and Carolla had a booth at a mall denoucing "women's sufferage" and all these soccer moms, earth mothers and college age girls signing the petition to "end women's sufferage".
I remember that, maybe the first thing that I saw of that orignal show. There was one elder woman who saw what they were doing, wasn't in on the joke and tried to get people not to sign.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Steve Buscemi weighs in on politics (and a load of other stuff).
ドロンケン
ImageImage