Love And Beer

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Love And Beer

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'm Peter and I'm quite drunk as I type this.

This is day three or four of my drunk. I have seen both beauty and truth on this drunk. It has seen me run a gauntlet of emotions and act really silly and nearly get arrested several times. It has seen me pour out my heart and respond strangely well to blunt rejection. A great man once said that good things come from sadness but nothing good comes from depression. How right he was. I'll continue to live and drink and be drunken with the world. The "truth" that the undrunk world offers is nowhere near as blissful as the drunkard's "truth."

Today a great friend of mine returns to these shores and more drunken madness awaits. There's a selfishness to it but I'm fine with selfishness if it means freedom.

Hail MDM.

(If you get a DD from me later, don't answer unless you're adequately equipped to handle a total gobshite...)

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Love And Beer

Post by Mr. Viking »

woooo
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Good stuff! It's amazing how much clearer the world the world appears when on a good drunk. Cheers!
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

it's amazing how much more you can enjoy booze outside of jail.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

"I liked the taste of beer, its live white lather, its brass-bright depths, the sudden world through the wet brown walls of the glass, the tilted rush to the lips and the slow swallowing down to the lapping belly, the salt on the tongue, the foam at the corners." - Dylan Thomas
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Hope you enjoyed the session Shane's! Always welcome here mate if your wandering drunkardness takes you down this way.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I appreciate that, tomodon! In danger of making more plans than I can afford these days, but it would be good to lift a few dozen more pints with yourself before long. Cheers!