Happy Halloween Drunkards! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Halloween Ideas for Savage

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

And then there are the awful Halloween costumes (courtesy of SomethingAwful - N.B. Probably NSFW, or any other place really).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:I'm sorry to hear of your Halloween troubles this year Savage. Could you do something really different perhaps? My husband and I (sayeth the Queen) are away for Halloween this year so we're not dressing up, but I'm secretly planning a ghost hunt round the town instead so he doesn't feel too disappointed. Could you do something similarly cheap but creepy?
researching as I type. maybe visit a haunted house? A movie?
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Dear Lady Savage,

This is the worst thing I've ever read. How could your Halloween enjoyment be ghosted away in such a mean manner?

Here's what I did one time when we were likewise without proper decor for the most important observation of this lovely pagan rite for the kids:

I set up a dummy in the alcove, inside the house.

To wit:

I dressed the alcove with large, black plastic bags cut out down the side seams to make them long and duct-taped them all together from behind to hang down from the ceiling (secured there with a staple gun because I am a Rez man and I have no shame).

I stuffed a pair of work pants with what-have-you (autumn leaves, clothing, or perhaps dirty socks for added atmosphere?) and sat it, belted through the stiles of a wooden chair that had arm rests (very important).

Muddy boots stood below the legs, secured with duct tape around them, and a stuffed shirt my Lady tacked to the waist of the pants.

I cut a slit into the poly behind the place where the dummy's head should be, as well as arm holes.

I placed a plastic bowl with a small dose of halloween treats inside the dummy's shirt, and left it to hang open for their eager little hands. (No, not a perv).

Cut off the dummy's sleeves at the shoulders:

I wore the cut-off arm sleeves over my own shirt all night long.

I had a friendly (non-gory) mask with cheap sunglasses attached to it (Dark shades to hid your eyes. Mirrored are extra creepy, isn't that right?) and a pair of work gloves within reach, all to adorn as the need arose and the knock interrupted my sip from my drink during our viewing of "Lady In White."

When there came a knock on the door (Rez has no doorbells), I put on my mask and gloves, and I slid my arms through the arm-slits and rested them on the armrests of the chair, and I placed my masked face through the slit above the dummy's shoulders.

I shouted, "Come on in! The candy is in the dummy's belly! Help yourselves!"

And then I was silent as the door creaked open.

If they are young, do not move until they get their candy.

If they are old enough, then you move your arms a little bit.

If they are teenagers, then you growl and raise your arms up, or even grab their hands at the last moment.

You may end up with more candy than you offered.

But at all times, you are protected because you can see everything, and because you are behind a dummy in a plastic alcove. You can decide what you will do.

Cool with you?

At any rate:

DRINK!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: So? Are Ya Dressin' Up For Halloween?

Post by Bluto »

I'll do my best rendition of an undrunk person.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I shall be a Drunkard who is lying down and reading medieval texts. In bed. With a big "fuck off" nailed to the door.

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Palinka Morningstar wrote:I shall be a Drunkard who is lying down and reading medieval texts. In bed. With a big "fuck off" nailed to the door.

Amen
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: All Hallows Eve

Post by mistah willies »

Ya bunch of friggin Drunkards.

Jeez.

Oh, wait, I'm one o' ye.

DRINK! ya blessed Drunkards

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Stingray
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: All Hallows Eve

Post by Stingray »

freaky flask!

btw decided I will NOT dress up anymore. Effort to reward ratio simply does not justify it!

although I always end up something strange on my head when I get a bid pickled... that reminds me, must order MDM fez
“Anything you say will be twisted around and held against you in a court of law”

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

My dear Savage, your spirit of the season cannot be ripped from you merely because funds don't allow it and poor Grumpy is flying with one wing. Actually, Grumpy is already in costume - he can be the Invisible Man who's either on the way to becoming visible or invisible and hell, if you've got no other past costume on hand - which I find impossible to believe - you can merely enlarge your profile picture, print it and use it as a mask! No? Cut out the face and just use the hair as a wig. No? Hmmm. I know you have a vast cache of previous décor and costumes that you could employ. The night is still young there in Stucco Town - there's still time! If all else fails you can go for silly with stuff ya got in the house - stuff white paper and yourself into a white plastic garbage bag and go as "white trash" or carry around a cereal box and a knife and stab the box - hey, you're a "serial (cereal) killer"!

Throw down a coupla bourbons and let your 'Ween flag fly!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

mistah willies wrote:Dear Lady Savage,

This is the worst thing I've ever read. How could your Halloween enjoyment be ghosted away in such a mean manner?

Here's what I did one time when we were likewise without proper decor for the most important observation of this lovely pagan rite for the kids:

I set up a dummy in the alcove, inside the house.

To wit:

I dressed the alcove with large, black plastic bags cut out down the side seams to make them long and duct-taped them all together from behind to hang down from the ceiling (secured there with a staple gun because I am a Rez man and I have no shame).

I stuffed a pair of work pants with what-have-you (autumn leaves, clothing, or perhaps dirty socks for added atmosphere?) and sat it, belted through the stiles of a wooden chair that had arm rests (very important).

Muddy boots stood below the legs, secured with duct tape around them, and a stuffed shirt my Lady tacked to the waist of the pants.

I cut a slit into the poly behind the place where the dummy's head should be, as well as arm holes.

I placed a plastic bowl with a small dose of halloween treats inside the dummy's shirt, and left it to hang open for their eager little hands. (No, not a perv).

Cut off the dummy's sleeves at the shoulders:

I wore the cut-off arm sleeves over my own shirt all night long.

I had a friendly (non-gory) mask with cheap sunglasses attached to it (Dark shades to hid your eyes. Mirrored are extra creepy, isn't that right?) and a pair of work gloves within reach, all to adorn as the need arose and the knock interrupted my sip from my drink during our viewing of "Lady In White."

When there came a knock on the door (Rez has no doorbells), I put on my mask and gloves, and I slid my arms through the arm-slits and rested them on the armrests of the chair, and I placed my masked face through the slit above the dummy's shoulders.

I shouted, "Come on in! The candy is in the dummy's belly! Help yourselves!"

And then I was silent as the door creaked open.

If they are young, do not move until they get their candy.

If they are old enough, then you move your arms a little bit.

If they are teenagers, then you growl and raise your arms up, or even grab their hands at the last moment.

You may end up with more candy than you offered.

But at all times, you are protected because you can see everything, and because you are behind a dummy in a plastic alcove. You can decide what you will do.

Cool with you?

At any rate:

DRINK!

Oh hell yeah. Like.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

NYDingbat wrote:My dear Savage, your spirit of the season cannot be ripped from you merely because funds don't allow it and poor Grumpy is flying with one wing. Actually, Grumpy is already in costume - he can be the Invisible Man who's either on the way to becoming visible or invisible and hell, if you've got no other past costume on hand - which I find impossible to believe - you can merely enlarge your profile picture, print it and use it as a mask! No? Cut out the face and just use the hair as a wig. No? Hmmm. I know you have a vast cache of previous décor and costumes that you could employ. The night is still young there in Stucco Town - there's still time! If all else fails you can go for silly with stuff ya got in the house - stuff white paper and yourself into a white plastic garbage bag and go as "white trash" or carry around a cereal box and a knife and stab the box - hey, you're a "serial (cereal) killer"!

Throw down a coupla bourbons and let your 'Ween flag fly!
Naw, we went and watched Bad Grandpa. Then paid 8.50 each for bourbons at some cheesy diner. I WANT MY HALLOWEEN BACK!
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Dear God, do any of you know the cost of oil these days? You might as well pour molten silver over the intruders.
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Those Addams's were filthy rich.

Tar or pitch was frequently used as was heated sand.
SAVE VERSUS BREATH WEAPON!!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

first hallows in a decade i haven't been leading the wee ones' charge on sugar.

pretty cool.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

103 days until Halloween

Post by Savage »

Halloween is coming. Have you bought your candy yet?

oh yeah, and the minis for the parents, and the baby biscuits for the little babies, and the doggie biscuits? Seriously, why do folks TOT with their dogs? I dunno.
like tears in rain