"Alcohol without the hangover?"

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

"Alcohol without the hangover?"

Post by Frankennietzsche »

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Judge

Re: "Alcohol without the hangover?"

Post by Judge »

That's like sex without the wet spot.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

YOU CANNOT STOP THE MARCH OF SCIENCE, LUDDITE!

IMMER WEITER!!!!!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

Fuckin' dilettantes man.

The hangover is the perfect excuse to sit in the sun all day and do nothing but drink more...

Dylboz
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dylboz »

EuroSlave wrote:...sit in the sun all day...
Clearly, you do not live where I live. That is a death sentence 9 months out of the year.
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

Bobby Stout
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Bobby Stout »

Isn't this called Xanax??

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bobby Stout wrote:Isn't this called Xanax??
No.
"Xanax" is known pharmaceutically as "Alprazolam" and it is very dangerous when mixed with alcohol. Even the next day.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I don't understand this, and certainly won't understand this tomorrow.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:I don't understand this, and certainly won't understand this tomorrow.
Me too.

I think it's like an electronic cigarette, this alcohol with out the booze, or the Xanax buzz that Bobby Stout pointed out that some poor bastards are swallowing: it's supposedly better for you, but without the badassery of a proper stroll down Drunkard Lane.

Fuck weakness. The Drys are attacking!

My own two cents...

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Sometimes that intersection between drunk and completely hungover feeling is the best part. The high of intoxication needs an equally sobering low.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

mistah willies wrote:
Shane-O-Matic wrote:I don't understand this, and certainly won't understand this tomorrow.
Me too.

I think it's like an electronic cigarette, this alcohol with out the booze, or the Xanax buzz that Bobby Stout pointed out that some poor bastards are swallowing: it's supposedly better for you, but without the badassery of a proper stroll down Drunkard Lane.

Fuck weakness. The Drys are attacking!

My own two cents...
Exactly. Can't see the point in settling for some quick fix. I'm sure that others would love it, though.

But we are drunkards. We do it right*.

*most of the time.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

And where the hell are all these people (not specifically you, but so many posters have been saying that they take Xanax/Alprazolam), a very dangerous drug (one that can no longer be prescribed under the NHS). I have to ask, how the hell are you getting your hands on it? Given its terrible effects when combined with booze (that is how Heath Ledger died, for example), is there some conspiracy to kill drunkardists?
Please, all of you who have Xanax/Alprazolam, question your physician and yourselves before taking it. It can really fuck you up, especially if you have any booze in your system (which you will have, if you have a hangover).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Someone here told me that because I do not have hangovers I was really far gone, or what not. Personally, I just think that I have an iron constitution. I can go (and yes, I have) weeks without a drink for stupid medical reasons. But I really like my bourbon and etc, and that whole thing about women only having one drink a day is just bullshit to me. I have a feeling that I will live to be only 89 years. But if you told me I could live to be 95 years if I gave up bourbon (or chocolate, for that matter). I would tell you to book the Wake Room for 2017, and make sure that it's an open bar. (And don't forget to tip the male strippers)
like tears in rain

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

This is blasphemy.

Bobby Stout
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Bobby Stout »

Palinka wrote:
And where the hell are all these people (not specifically you, but so many posters have been saying that they take Xanax/Alprazolam), a very dangerous drug (one that can no longer be prescribed under the NHS). I have to ask, how the hell are you getting your hands on it? Given its terrible effects when combined with booze (that is how Heath Ledger died, for example), is there some conspiracy to kill drunkardists?
Please, all of you who have Xanax/Alprazolam, question your physician and yourselves before taking it. It can really fuck you up, especially if you have any booze in your system (which you will have, if you have a hangover).
I've been taking a low-dose of it for my anxiety for almost 3 years. It hasn't messed me up yet. The horror stories tend to be people who are on large doses. Personally I have never built a tolerance to it and anything over 1mg will send me to sleep regardless of the time of day. Seeing as I have to hold down a job working in a government agency, this is probably a good thing. Any drug is dangerous if mis-used. I'm a responsible drunkard, Mr. Palinka.