Down and Out in London, Berlin and Paris

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Palinka (RIP)

Down and Out in London, Berlin and Paris

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I just don't understand how in some of the richest economies of the World, we can allow the plight of the homeless to continue. However, as the article shows, Paris is far "friendlier" to the homeless than London (for shame upon us)...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Down and Out in London, Berlin and Paris

Post by oettinger »

As a certified master in social studys I can tell you how the deal in germany is: If the person in question is of an age above a certain level (say 35), it is no longer of need in the neoliberalistic run for profits. The goverment only invests money in social work regarding juvenile delinquents, that they hope to turn around to become dilligent bees. Everyone else is human garbage! I tried to get anykind of job in a homelessshelter or similar, but to no avail. There was no money, all they are looking for, if at all, was volunteers. Now that the cold season is upon us, lets hope some of these unlucky peers find something warming to sleep and to drink. Something we take for granted every night.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Down and Out in London, Berlin and Paris

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote: Now that the cold season is upon us, lets hope some of these unlucky peers find something warming to sleep and to drink. Something we take for granted every night.
Indeed.

Many folks are a paycheck away from being there themselves. perhaps they ignore the downtrodden much as one faces away from a bad car accident: "it could be you next" sort of thing?

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze