So we are returning to the real "Victorian values"...

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Palinka (RIP)

So we are returning to the real "Victorian values"...

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

This is a link to a truly disturbing story of crime and poverty in a city that has been one of the World's richest for nearly a millennium.
I give you fair waning, do not click on this link unless you are prepared to be shocked.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Judge

Re: So we are returning to the real "Victorian values"...

Post by Judge »

Palinka wrote:This is a link to a truly disturbing story of crime and poverty in a city that has been one of the World's richest for nearly a millennium.
I give you fair waning, do not click on this link unless you are prepared to be shocked.
Nothing shocking here. You've been to my house, I've had bangers like this here as well. Not as notorious but just as stupid. To talk to them face to face, screwed up kids with a sense of self importance that verges on the ridiculous and yet you know there's no getting through to a lot of them. They have to see through it themselves like this kid in the article sort of did.

I believe there is nothing new here. A hundred years ago there were gangs just as now... (that's only three ellipses) we just tolerate them now, give them money, housing and "assistance".
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Judge wrote:...You've been to my house...
It is true. Between me, ruiner and One for the frog, you have truly hosted the very dregs that the planet has to offer. Mrs Judge is a very understanding and forgiving lady.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

An interesting essay that posits the theory that, by the standards set by the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and the World Economic Forum, it could be argued that Britain is now a "Developing Country". Discuss...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

Palinka wrote:Mrs Judge is a very understanding and forgiving lady.
True, but I'm still not sure she forgave me for headbutting ruiner. I will do penances all my life for this. Perhaps.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

One for the Frog wrote:
Palinka wrote:Mrs Judge is a very understanding and forgiving lady.
True, but I'm still not sure she forgave me for headbutting ruiner. I will do penances all my life for this. Perhaps.
Only because they had to chain him up outside that night, and he kept the neighbours awake by howling, yelping and scratching at the fence.
ドロンケン
ImageImage