"Hello, I'm back!" - Where have you been? What's your excuse?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Cnd_Caveman
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Ok, you haven't been here in a while. What's your excus

Post by Cnd_Caveman »

Resident Asshole wrote: I met me wife upon these words: "I like to drink and I'm good in bed". Never hide yourself from loved ones and they should be the same.
I have to agree, I never hid who I was, I was just a fool finding love for the first time and didn't want to lose what took me so long to find. But it was a lesson hard learned and I have vowed never again, if the next lady in my life can't handle I enjoy the drink and good weed then she isn't the one for me.
Taking on the Eating and Drinking Challenges of the Web
www.youtube.com/cndcaveman

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Cnd_Caveman wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote: I met me wife upon these words: "I like to drink and I'm good in bed". Never hide yourself from loved ones and they should be the same.
I have to agree, I never hid who I was, I was just a fool finding love for the first time and didn't want to lose what took me so long to find. But it was a lesson hard learned and I have vowed never again, if the next lady in my life can't handle I enjoy the drink and good weed then she isn't the one for me.
Good for you, Cnd_Caveman for your epiphany, better for you R. Asshole that you found a lady by being yourself. She already sounds better than the lass at the 1st MWI - good on ya! Always thought ya deserved better.

Cnd_Caveman, you just go on being yourself and somebody worthwhile will find ya.

Now, about that shot - you can have mine - I'm drinkin' voddie - I've gotta coupla shots in there.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Cnd_Caveman wrote:That's my story, now that I have got that off my chest whos up for a shot?
Yeah, yeah, love huh?
Feels good to let off some steam
Vodka, gin, cheap warm beer, I`ll take a bath in it.
Drink!

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I was bar hoping

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Enforced undrunkenness is the Devil. Looking forward to being done with it soon. Also looking forward to seeing Luke and King Rat this weekend.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Cnd_Caveman wrote:
This will be quote of the year for 2014 in case anyone is scoring. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

No excuses, I've just been, well lazy and apathetic I guess.

Round my way everyone has been getting kids and the like so my old crew of regular drinking buddies has dwindled and now they never go out. Drinking nights are limited to the occassional birthday or heading to someones house where they all drink whatever was on offer in order to get hammerred enough to crawl back to their normally dry lives. There's no highs anymore and drinking seems like a grind to them more than a pleasure.

I'm still fighting the good fight myself, drinking the fine spirits and embracing the sentiments of this board, but it's become a lonely battle, one man against the crowd and so I have settled into my lot. The collapse of the 2013 CCC struck me down a little too and hence, I have been absent.

I'm going to try to resolve this though, I need a resurgence, to raise a glass and rejoin you animals! Here's hoping optomism overcomes apathy!
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

You are among kindred spirits here my friend. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Round my way everyone has been getting kids and the like so my old crew of regular drinking buddies has dwindled
Lost a lot of them to some stupid girlfriends who thought I was a bad influence... well one of the guys still pisses their bed when drunk hahaha. The rest I never tried to reach again even when they became single again, because you know: Fucking coward pussies, betrayers etc.
I rather drink alone then share a glass with these weaklings

Seems they weren`t that good of friends anyway
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

bluebottle wrote:TD! Wekk yeath ol' boy! Monster Magnet it is! U got any obsidian war beads left? Mistah willies I look forward to drink in with ya!
Upchich Menomial, Nedabe! (Till we meet again, my friend! ---drinks are indicated of course)

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Wekk yeath indeed.
And yea Mistah Willie you need to party with Bluebottle some time, he's a hoot!

Hey, wouldn't leave you out of this equation, you young giant with a good arm. Got an extra Pall Mall, pal?

DRINK!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Reading through some funny older (even ancient) posts, that Barca character seems to be one funny person. And is apparently still a mod too.
Also noticed that most of the longtime posters joined around spring 2003, when exactly was this place founded again. Just curious
Drink!

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

LIFE! I'm sorry, I missed you guys! Thank you for posting this question.

I moved to Arkansas, bought some rural country land,a pretty large country ranch house (ripped out carpet and put in hardwood- ewww cat dander in carpet!) and two pickup trucks, got a government grant for a high tunnel,96 x 26x and started an organic farm "Little Wildcat Farm" ; then started a fermented pickle business (PICKLEHAUS) to launch this spring- working with U of A Food Science department and U of A Small business development center. Got more cats, have 8 indoor, feral family of four outdoor.
Still a manager at the busiest restaurant in town, hope to be done with that time sucking nonsense in a few years as my husband just graduated and is employed as a Food Scientist aka Food Engineer, and with the growth of my pickle business.

ALSO... Am owner of "The Weed Ladies"- seasonal organic hand landscaping

and... coming soon...tribal Etsy hair extensions.. bone,stone claw, bead, feather, leather hair extensions.

Stupid busy

"Plus que ma propre vie" -more than my own life - 10

"Boom de a dah!!!"

"shey shey lang loi! (thank you pretty girl!)"- Palmwine

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by Cheffie »

Welcome aboard. I'm an oldie but a goodie! Hit me me up for any Drunkard stuff.

Cheffie

"Plus que ma propre vie" -more than my own life - 10

"Boom de a dah!!!"

"shey shey lang loi! (thank you pretty girl!)"- Palmwine

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Hardcore Stig wrote:Round my way everyone has been getting kids and the like so my old crew of regular drinking buddies has dwindled
Lost a lot of them to some stupid girlfriends who thought I was a bad influence... well one of the guys still pisses their bed when drunk hahaha. The rest I never tried to reach again even when they became single again, because you know: Fucking coward pussies, betrayers etc.
I rather drink alone then share a glass with these weaklings

Seems they weren`t that good of friends anyway
Welcome to the drunkard world. It's better to live alone. That's easy if you are old. It's all about trust. Who do you trust?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Cheffie wrote:LIFE! I'm sorry, I missed you guys! Thank you for posting this question.

I moved to Arkansas, bought some rural country land,a pretty large country ranch house (ripped out carpet and put in hardwood- ewww cat dander in carpet!) and two pickup trucks, got a government grant for a high tunnel,96 x 26x and started an organic farm "Little Wildcat Farm" ; then started a fermented pickle business (PICKLEHAUS) to launch this spring- working with U of A Food Science department and U of A Small business development center. Got more cats, have 8 indoor, feral family of four outdoor.
Still a manager at the busiest restaurant in town, hope to be done with that time sucking nonsense in a few years as my husband just graduated and is employed as a Food Scientist aka Food Engineer, and with the growth of my pickle business.

ALSO... Am owner of "The Weed Ladies"- seasonal organic hand landscaping

and... coming soon...tribal Etsy hair extensions.. bone,stone claw, bead, feather, leather hair extensions.

Stupid busy
plant apple trees and make cider (the commercial varieties produce good booze within 4 years)
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best