The Queen to be axed as the Head of the Church of England

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Palinka (RIP)

The Queen to be axed as the Head of the Church of England

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Nick Clegg (the leader of the Liberal Democrats (our third most popular political party) and the Current Deputy Prime Minister (under the Conservative/Liberal Democrat coalition, which form our present Government)) has suggested that Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II, be removed from her position as Head of the Church of England!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The Queen to be axed as the Head of the Church of Englan

Post by Patchez »

Separate them. That's what we did here in the U.S. of A and it has worked out swimmingly. All the people running for the many political offices here never mention what denomination the belong to or even really mention religion at all while campaigning or in debates.

The tax breaks that the huge religious ministries all over the country enjoy has been a boon to our society what with all the charitable work the saved tax dollars go toward. We enjoy no homelessness or poverty of any kind. Love them good Christians, so kind and generous, almost like Jebus his ownself.

/end sarcasm/
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Come back to the sweet bosom of the Holy Mother Church of Rome, you splitters.

All will be forgiven.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

frankennietzsche wrote:Come back to the sweet bosom of the Holy Mother Church of Rome, you splitters.

All will be forgiven.
The wholy whore of greek fuck is mine. Well oiled so far
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
frankennietzsche wrote:Come back to the sweet bosom of the Holy Mother Church of Rome, you splitters.

All will be forgiven.
The wholy whore of greek fuck is mine. Well oiled so far
There should be an Inquisition, indeed.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

she should pick between the state title or the church title. Maybe have shukey as the head of the church, or something, or maybe just become a republic and let the royals exist more as a zoo exhibit where people are charged to look at them
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Advocating putting the Royals in a zoo must be some sort of sedition. Hold on, I'll call MI-5. What's your address, again?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

frankennietzsche wrote:Advocating putting the Royals in a zoo must be some sort of sedition...
I think that it might be more likely to fall under the laws on Treason, rather than any form of sedition. However, as satire, it's fair play.

To return to the topic, disestablishmentarianism isn't a new idea but it is the first time that a Deputy Prime Minister has suggested it.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

"We will not blame him for the crimes of his ancestors if he relinquishes the royal rights of his ancestors; but as long as he claims their rights, by virtue of descent, then, by virtue of descent, he must shoulder the responsibility for their crimes."
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

William and Kate should usurp the throne, call Parliament in and dissolve it, and the Lords as well, and rule by blood and steel.

Adherants to all other faiths would have to convert to COE or face public beheading or murderous taxation, starting with the archbishop of Caterbury along with all his mewing accolytes.

Then, Ireland and Scotland under heel as well as Calais, at the very least, perhaps all of Normandy.

It just shows how bad it's gotten that some people would call this crazy.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Religions are Established (I'll use a capital E because it just somehow seems fitting for something royally decreed) for purely political purposes. Disestablishing the C of E might matter if those political purposes still existed, but Her Majesty is not asking the Pope for an annulment at this time.

That said, politicians messing with Queen EII don't sit well with me. Grandstanding. Pick on someone your own size (i.e., less respected the world over). Somebody just wishes they could get into the history books.

Things will probably start to sort themselves out when UK citizens decide whether they like the next monarch as much.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Hmmm...yes, our Heartland...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

RP Owens
Souse
Souse

Post by RP Owens »

The Queen is Her Majesty, not Her Royal Highness ;) But that's pedantic. What's more important in this issue is that the Church of England exists solely because of its (dare I say) communion with the state. It was created by a King in order to justify that King's rule and cement his issue on the Throne. This whole separate the Church from the Monarch is ahistorical and represents a significant departure from traditional English (and Westminster) philosophy on government. Likewise distressing is the horrendously sentimental nature of (actually) His Royal Highness Prince Charles who wants to change his title when he is crowned from Defender of the Faith to Defender of Faith. Of course, being a Catholic I don't much care either way because of the Church of England is an heretical organization that has long since gone by the wayside but as a citizen of the Commonwealth and subject of Her Majesty and the future His Majesty, I do have severe misgivings about what that represents for the venerable institution of the Crown.
"I don't have a drinking problem. 'Cept when I can't get a drink." -- Tom Waits

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote:Hmmm...yes, our Heartland...
Warning! Video contains graphic scenes of extremely poor drinking technique. Sure, it's only cola, but some soused drunkards may be traumatized by images that could be mistaken for wanton waste of liquor. Proceed with caution.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
Palinka wrote:Hmmm...yes, our Heartland...
Warning! Video contains graphic scenes of extremely poor drinking technique. Sure, it's only cola, but some soused drunkards may be traumatized by images that could be mistaken for wanton waste of liquor. Proceed with caution.
Now I`m curious:
Happens too often with this stupid free service.

Too lazy to use slow proxy stuff btw, my fault I know. Hand me a fresh beer now please. That 10 yard walk to the fridge is freaking me out

On topic:
Skip to 1:03
Frank Drebin pretty much sums up my thoughts
Drink!