"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by booznik »

Smatter Noguts wrote:"You can handle Haggis, but I don't think you could handle knowing what was in that casing."

I still wonder.
There are no dropouts from Alma College. If you fail to graduate, you are put to other uses and never seen again.
Bacon & Cheddar brats on the grill tonight.
Enjoy the hell out of them brawts. I myself am going to be doing the meat-buying and barbecuing for Father's Day. Those are an idea.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

DUDE! I got the "as seen on TV" bacon bowl making thing and 4 lbs of bacon. I had scrambled eggs and cheese in a bacon fucking bowl!
It was actually more trouble than it was worth, I could have just eaten the bacon and eggs, but still
It was a fucking BOWL made of BACON!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

If you're bored with ordinary burgers, try this: labelled "The Manliest Burger", I present a link to the recipe for, "The Hemingway Burger".
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

That Hemingway burger, I read about it in some magazine, was more a gross version of meatloaf in a bun than a burger.
Bacon bowl, dear god, I bought the molds for them at the drugstore, haven't made them yet. I shouldn't be allowed to go shopping when I'm empty of bourbon and food. Nothing good can ever come from something that brags "as seen on TV."
I had a friend in Indiana, who loved her some pig brain sandwiches. shudder. just, shudder.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote: some pig brain sandwiches. shudder. just, shudder.
You can eat what they are thinking, how cool.
Had some french fries with tzaziki, my hiccups are delicious
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Okay, I had to google that tzaziki stuff. Yogurt and cucumbers? Nope. I do mix mayo and lemon and garlic and cayenne and parmesan, to dip French fries, as an alternative to our usual catsup and tabasco.
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Savage wrote:Okay, I had to google that tzaziki stuff. Yogurt and cucumbers? Nope. I do mix mayo and lemon and garlic and cayenne and parmesan, to dip French fries, as an alternative to our usual catsup and tabasco.
Tzatziki is incredibly delicious. A match made in heaven with grilled meats like gyros (known as doner kebab in other parts). The combination is so much better than it might sound if you've never explored Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food. Lots of great places in SoCal to get those cuisines. There's an Afghan place I go to regularly, and the cuisine is refreshing, healthy, and not too expensive.

If you like cucumber salad, you're almost guaranteed to like tzatziki. If you don't, then pass.

The unsweetened version of doogh is quite a bit more challenging to the uninitiated, because there's nothing like it in American cuisine.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

smatter noguts wrote:
Bacon & Cheddar brats on the grill tonight.
booznik wrote:Enjoy the hell out of them brawts. I myself am going to be doing the meat-buying and barbecuing for Father's Day. Those are an idea.
Thanks to your mention, some regular brats did make it into the mix. The Polish sausages were more popular, but the steak was the centerpiece anyway.

I smell like smoke, and I may be slightly cooked. There's a medicine for this called booze.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Bacon with bacon. Little honey on there as well.

ScurvyDog
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ScurvyDog »

Ribs and some ice at the bottom of my glass of bourbon
The perfect combination of redneck and beach bum.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

ScurvyDog wrote:Ribs and some ice at the bottom of my glass of bourbon
Ribs & bourbon.

Dinner of badass mofos.

Breakfast of champions.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Some kind of chicken that I think I overcooked.
The leftovers from the restaurant last night went limp. Lettuce does not keep, not when it is already dressed.
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Savage wrote:Some kind of chicken that I think I overcooked.
Also gotta make sure you don't over dubstep it.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Jolly good.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:Jolly good.

Those veins look wrong.

Got it: here stilton is almost always packaged in taller wedges so the grain is only seen from the side. Still freaking me out though. Suppose being vacuum packed it can hardly affect the taste. Looks wrong tough. Did you at least get some rind on it?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best