Polite Mode

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Polite Mode

Post by Professor Roomie »

I ended my evening out having the first Brutal Hammer I've had in quite some time. I have not posted in a long time and planned to have that be my topic, but no, I encountered idiocy on my way home. Two guys were about to get into a fight in the alley, and there were cops directly behind one of them. I stepped between them and informed them that the cops were there, but they both told me that they didn't care. They both transferred their confrontational behavior over to the officers that were speaking to them. I would have stayed to see who actually got arrested, but I had switched from Beam-waters-no-ice to Brutal Hammers and no attention span for such nonsense. When the cops show up it is time to use your grownup manners. It's how I've never been arrested or sent to detox. Several of my friends have described it as me becoming instantly polite and reasonable. You can be a dick to your friends, but get your shit together when people with badges and guns show up. Or badgers. Those fuckers are mean.
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Polite Mode

Post by booznik »

Professor Roomie wrote:Several of my friends have described it as me becoming instantly polite and reasonable. You can be a dick to your friends, but get your shit together when people with badges and guns show up. Or badgers. Those fuckers are mean.
So awesome to see an old-time legend post after a long absence. Welcome back!

Your advice is spot-on. I've done polite mode with many a cop, and avoided any troubles. There was the one time they were looking for a missing child, and an overly-enthusiastic young officer nearly bashed my door in with his baton, just to ask me if I'd seen her. His idea of a knock, apparently. The visible dents are still there. The front door still goes CRACK when I open and close it. Polite mode was essential. I would have had a word with his boss, but I only rent the door, so I figured, why raise a fuss.

I like that door. It has sentimental value, and I'd rather not replace it if I can avoid it.

Haven't yet met a badger. Knock on wood.

But please, not with a baton. Thank you.

Cheers.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I killed a badger once.
Somebody I know killed a badger with a shovel. Told me they have very tough necks

I am always polite with the police, they have to put up with a lot of shit. I am also less likely to have to put up with shit from them if I am polite. Turns out they get annoyed when asked repeatedly if they carry nunchucks though
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

in fact I think I am very polite in most situations that aren't social. In social situations I can be insufferably rude and crass
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Professor Roomie wrote:I ended my evening out having the first Brutal Hammer I've had in quite some time...
Well met indeed. Does this place still seems like home? The faces have changed, but the intention is the same, isn't it?

Damn fine place to cut loose.

*chug*

(damn it take sa lot to write correclty(

yessah drink
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Professor Roomie wrote:You can be a dick to your friends, but get your shit together when people with badges and guns show up.
Good advice, as these folks can bring ANY party to a screeching halt.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Professor Roomie wrote:When the cops show up it is time to use your grownup manners...
Wise words.

I rarely use the word "sir" in life. But when the cops show up, I use it generously.
DRINK!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I, too, tend to proper up the manners when the po-po show. They way I figure it, they deserve the respect, hell they don't want to be at your house on a Saturday night at 3 AM any more than you want to see them there. If you have enough sense to straighten up and use your big boy manners, you usually get a pass. If you're an asshole, hey ya get what's coming to you.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bur

Post by Bur »

My friends told me that I have very open, friendly and generally nonchalant way of speaking to cops. However this is just generally how I act towards people I do not know while drunk.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Oettinger and german cops will never be friends. And we both work hard at it staying that way.
If my skin colour or accent was any different I surely would be much more cautious though
Drink!

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

My Father is a retired Sheriffs Deputy. Haven't had to speak to a law enforcement officer in an official capacity in quite some time.

I'd kinda like to keep it that way. Safer for everyone...

Brutal Hammer. 7oz vodka to 5oz red wine... Had to look that one up in Mixology.

I have some home-made apple wine and about 7oz of vodka left...

Hmmm....

Apple Hammer?
<insert something profound here>

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Red Delicious Thor?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rev. Dead Corpse wrote: Apple Hammer?
that sounds so tasty! Name it: "Rev. Dead Cs brutal Apple Hammer"
Drink!

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

Granny Smith Mjollnir.

And yes, quite tasty.
<insert something profound here>

Barca

Post by Barca »

Damn, I haven't been around here nearly enough, I think I spent five minutes looking for a "Like" button.

"Granny Smith Mjolnir!" I love it.

I don't know where to find apple Wine, so I think I'll just have to throw some vodka into some Applejack. Think I'll call it a Johnny Applebleed.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson