"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Some food is strictly regional, like Grits.

I'm thinking of trying the Paleo diet, but if booze don't figure in, forget it.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

One of my little girls married a slob from a place where they eat cheese curds. Damn, they were nasty. And so is he.My girls, unlike me, have bad taste in boys. Well, except my sweet step daughter, who won the husband lottery with her sweetie.
like tears in rain

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

booznik wrote:
Patchez wrote:YOU ARE ALL BARBARIANS. Poutine when done well is Canada's greatest gift to the world.
You have to try the good stuff in Canada to know. Yes, fresh cheese curds, gravy, and fries look disgusting, but it's awesome.

Let's face it, chili cheese fries aren't photogenic either.
I concur!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

May I present, Steppegras…

A huge steak, cooked to perfection, under a mountain of the skinniest shoestring fries on the planet…sauces and salad on the side.

You gotta be schooled and licensed to prepare and sell this Belgian delicacy.

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Ice cream, because I'm a grown up and I can do what I want.

Mint choc chip if you're asking
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

peetie44 wrote:May I present, Steppegras…

A huge steak, cooked to perfection, under a mountain of the skinniest shoestring fries on the planet…sauces and salad on the side.

You gotta be schooled and licensed to prepare and sell this Belgian delicacy.
That sounds freaking awesome.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The cooking thread, because it has been a while

Post by Savage »

and drunks need to eat

Now, notwithstanding the time I dropped the flaming ladle of brandy and set fire to the kitchen floor, (you never saw such a tap dance), here is a much simpler burgundy beef:

2 lb. beef, like chuck, or something you would stew. Salt and pepper it now, because it tastes better than if you wait.
Brown it in some good oil. Take it out, and throw a pile (like 4 of them) of onions in, and gild them. Drop a lady palmful of flour over them. Cook for a bit or two, add a cup of dark red wine, pinot noir is good, bring it to a boil. Toss in some carrots, maybe 6, garlic (lots of garlic--can't have those vampires showing up at midnight) and a bit of herbs. (I was gonna say bouquet garni, but I figured you'd think I was all kinds of pretentious) Okay, gotta stop with the parentheses. It's sort of like my love of commas. And, when I was but a tiny little Savage child, and I discovered the semicolon, and figured out how easy it was to impress the graduates of shitty colleges that were tasked with teaching me and my psychotic little peers, okay.. sorry,

oh wait, you need to put the beef back in at some point. Oh yeah, throw a chunk of butter in there at some point. Because, butter, ya kinow.

So, add maybe a cup of water and 2 honking spoons of demi glace, or that supermarket beef base, or, if you want to go full-on OC ghetto, bullion cubes, but don't mention my name, because... damn. And, anyway, cover the meat a bit and simmer for a couple of hours. Don't go off and forget it though; you need to give it a whack every now and then, so it doesn't stick to the pot.

Grandma Julia puts in mushrooms, but my old man hates them, so. It's all I can do to get him to accept the freaking carrots.

Serve with bourbon before, wine during, bourbon after. Oh, and biscuits are nice, if you can get the counter cleared off.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Tuna, the fish, in the can. except need someone to open the can. And slash the mayo and lemon and so forth around. And spread it on the bread,. Which, do we any have of?
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: The cooking thread, because it has been a while

Post by booznik »

There's a fine-sounding carnivorous witch/vampire/evil eye-repelling recipe, with a nice side of tangents. I like it.

Because butter... yes, we're on the same page.

Still laughing at bullion cubes being "OC ghetto".
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hulled corn and bean soup, with ham

Creamy, from mashing some of the cannellini in the butter and cracked pepper for a base at the start.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

I cant stand the Grauniad. Since when have donor kebabs been a hangover cure? Since never, thats when. And did you check out that journos fringe? Almost as sickening as her knowing grimace. Bah!

Username
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Username »

Casual Binger wrote: I cant stand the Grauniad. Since when have donor kebabs been a hangover cure? Since
forever that's when. i loves me a cleasnsing hot chilli kebab on the AM.

I have NFI what a Graunliad is.
whistling (whistling) whistling (whistling) dark (dark) dark (dark)

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Username wrote:I have NFI what a Graunliad is.
It's a running joke in the satirical magazine, Private Eye referring to the Guardian newspaper as the Grauniad
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The cooking thread, because it has been a while

Post by oettinger »

Maybe Palinka might post his lamb recipe in here. That was freaking delicious, thanks for that fine meal good sir!
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Username wrote:
Casual Binger wrote: I cant stand the Grauniad. Since when have donor kebabs been a hangover cure? Since
forever that's when. i loves me a cleasnsing hot chilli kebab on the AM.

I have NFI what a Graunliad is.
You must get up late. When i lived in london i cant recall too many kebab shops being open on the way to work.