Favorite Drinking Destination and Why?

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Favorite Drinking Destination and Why?

Post by oettinger »

He is from utah, spaming the boards for months now.

Another cool place I got drunk at was Antalya, Turkey
Efes pilsner and shitloads of rake. There was a small store across the street selling cheap stuff and I always filled my bagpack plenty. One time the hotel staff complained and I told the store owner. Oh well, he threatened to basically burn the hotel down... There may even be pics of me in that town. For some reason I don`t remember where! That will take some digging
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Here ya go
I got short hair back then, but hair!!!!
Passing out with a bottle of rake in hand never gets old, no matter the century
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Casual Binger wrote:
booznik wrote:
When it comes to this, though, were you and I both shorted on the hot-weather discount?
Didnt quite get this. Do you mean its not hot where you live? I thought you lived in california? Are you up in san fransisco or somewhere? Lismore is pretty warm, but i still like hot places because it makes drinking cold beer more enjoyable.
Oh no, I meant the weather is hot, the beer is cold, but everything is not cheap.
Casual Binger wrote:...Also anywhere in SE Asia cause the weather is hot, the beer is cold & everything is cheap.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Passing out with a bottle of rake in hand never gets old, no matter the century

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sir, I like your posting.
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Sir, I like your posting.
Vodka lemon. Guzzled, not stirred. The name is Planet. Captain Planet.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

booznik wrote: Oh no, I meant the weather is hot, the beer is cold, but everything is not cheap.
Casual Binger wrote:...Also anywhere in SE Asia cause the weather is hot, the beer is cold & everything is cheap.
No, you got that right. Oz is so expensive these days that its cheaper to go overseas for holidays, even factoring in the plane fare.

Other destinations... Hmmm. In Korea you can buy flagons of beer in convenience stores. I think the biggest i saw was 2L, but they had various sizes, which was handy. 1.25L of beer instead of a 500ml can for a traveller? Why yes, i believe i will. Growing up in NZ half gallons was how i used to drink as a teenager. One half g before going into town on a friday night to hang around the pedestrian mall & try to talk to girls was how 15 year olds did it in Christchurch. Cant get flagons in Oz, or most of NZ these days. People also get really blitzed in Korea. Was there on new years eve & waiting for a table at this bar. Was a group of girls getting so hammered that when they staggered out they left one of their party face down on the table. She sat up about ten minutes later & stumbled out too, so we took the table. This was about 8pm.

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Casual Binger wrote:
booznik wrote: Oh no, I meant the weather is hot, the beer is cold, but everything is not cheap.
No, you got that right. Oz is so expensive these days that its cheaper to go overseas for holidays, even factoring in the plane fare.

Other destinations... Hmmm. In Korea you can buy flagons of beer in convenience stores. I think the biggest i saw was 2L, but they had various sizes, which was handy. 1.25L of beer instead of a 500ml can for a traveller? Why yes, i believe i will. Growing up in NZ half gallons was how i used to drink as a teenager. One half g before going into town on a friday night to hang around the pedestrian mall & try to talk to girls was how 15 year olds did it in Christchurch. Cant get flagons in Oz, or most of NZ these days. People also get really blitzed in Korea. Was there on new years eve & waiting for a table at this bar. Was a group of girls getting so hammered that when they staggered out they left one of their party face down on the table. She sat up about ten minutes later & stumbled out too, so we took the table. This was about 8pm.
I talked to a hard-drinking, farm boy friend of mine recently who is working in Korea (he's from a ranch in Wyoming). He seconded your observation--apparently, all of South Korea seems to struggle with "pacing." When folks drink, especially the younger crowd, they are drinking to get absolutely schmammered.

I lived in a Korean neighborhood in LA for a couple years. Korean markets sell 2L bottles of HIte for something like $3.50. It's horrible beer, but for the money, I'd call it Stone and keep my paycheck.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

AntonArkydivich wrote:
I lived in a Korean neighborhood in LA for a couple years. Korean markets sell 2L bottles of HIte for something like $3.50. It's horrible beer, but for the money, I'd call it Stone and keep my paycheck.
awww, wtf, 2L for $3.50?! God damn it Canada... god fucking damn it.

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

JimLahey wrote:
AntonArkydivich wrote:
Laughed my ass of at this. Wife went to school in Canada, so I spent a share of time in Washington and BC. I have no clue if you're actually Canadian (I hope you are, for imagination sake), but I feel your pain.

It cost more to get a cheap room in places I stayed than a decent bottle of whiskey. I don't love California, but they really do keep taxes down for the little guy. At least, the little drunk guy.
- Josh Ritter

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

AntonArkydivich wrote:
JimLahey wrote:
AntonArkydivich wrote:
Laughed my ass of at this. Wife went to school in Canada, so I spent a share of time in Washington and BC. I have no clue if you're actually Canadian (I hope you are, for imagination sake), but I feel your pain.

It cost more to get a cheap room in places I stayed than a decent bottle of whiskey. I don't love California, but they really do keep taxes down for the little guy. At least, the little drunk guy.
Yea, they are raping us over here. Yet I still keep coming back.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

In 2001 I spent time in Calgary, were the prices better back then? i found an Irish pub (Ceili's I think) where I could get big pours of 18 year whiskey for somewhere around $7. That blew my mind, they would be double that at home.

Then again the US dollar was much stronger in those days.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

President Hellhole wrote:In 2001 I spent time in Calgary, were the prices better back then? i found an Irish pub (Ceili's I think) where I could get big pours of 18 year whiskey for somewhere around $7. That blew my mind, they would be double that at home.

Then again the US dollar was much stronger in those days.
It sure was. Those were the days. I spent a week in New Brunswick at a nice hotel (jacuzzi in room), paid about $1000 for the entire week, and they even sent me a refund check for the HST (sales tax) after I applied for it. The exchange rate was basically 1.5 CAD for every USD.

Despite the monopoly-store booze prices, I was able to get a lot of drinking in. Great days.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Savannah GA. I met up with Wingman down there and it is an entirely civilized drinking culture. When I walked into the bar we were meeting at downtown, the barmaid asked, after I ordered my beer, "For here or to go?"
This struck me as odd since I ordered a draft. Wingman informed her we would have the first round here. I was perplexed. Wingman explained that we would get the next round "to go". We then downed our beers and ordered to more drafts "to Go". instead of the regular bar glass they came in plastic cups which we where then free to exit the bar with and stroll about outside.
That is a fine drinking town.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Was this recently? I had no idea that "take out" was a thing outside of a growler from a brewery or a plastic beer bong on some head-ache inducing neon strip.
- Josh Ritter