The Bullshot an alternative to The Bloody Mary

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: The Bullshot an alternative to The Bloody Mary

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Well, it's been up a year, now. So who has sampled this gorgeously warm and warming cocktail, yet?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Palinka wrote:Well, it's been up a year, now. So who has sampled this gorgeously warm and warming cocktail, yet?
OO! ME! ME! I HAVE!

I like to take the juice from a roast, let it cool, skim off the fat and add a pinch of horseradish and dry mustard.

I am with Peetie 100% on the Clamato, not available where you are?

A teaspoon of liquid from a can of oysters makes a fine addition to all drinks as well.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I thought you saw it in the Halloween thread. I did it this year as per your original recipe first. The results were good if bracing hot, but once it had cooled, fuck yeah! I then made another batch for later where I added a touch of liguid mesquite smoke. Even better. I'm beginning to think this may be another doctor it up like a BM type drink. Twist this puppy up with all kinds of stuff. Add horseradish as Smater did, maybe a dash of bacon grease or bacon salt.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Why yes indeed!

As has been mentioned in another part of this board, if someone takes the time to conduct proper Drunkology Research via the scientific method, and then reports their findings for peer review, it is both proper and necessary for the Drunkologist Scientific Community to respond with their own findings.

Gentlemen, we simply must validate each study! (Or vodkadate, as the case appears to be, here.)

Now, in light of the recent holiday, I reduced the turkey carcass and some of the bird's lovely flesh into a consommé, which is a French term that means, "Consume it, it's fucking delicious"

and so I used this as my own twist, this time.

This version is hot, and there is a spicy bite to it that will settle the nerves and chase away them cold, sharp edges of winter's bite. Fight a bite with a nip and a sip.

You know, I think I will get off me arse and push images from my hand held device into the bucket of photos thing.

That sounds dirty.

But the Bullshot is a savory, steamy, manly drink for a tweed smoking/reading jacket on the winter porch, with pipe in hand, and reading material.

You know, like a true Modern Drunkard mat opportune himself. And herself, of course.

Images to follow.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Good heavings! I had forgotten how much effort it is to put an image here. Send from cell phone to self at gmail account. Open gmail account on laptop. Download images. Make images pretty in Gimp 2.8 and resize so they aren't too fricken huge. Export to desktop, then send to photobucket. Collect image url and place in word doc. Then log back in here and post image url.

But hey, it gives my fingers something to do while I sip my Bullshot®

Boiled down carcass (I know, always sounds nasty, but actually correct usage) to aspic (lovely word there, huh, sounds like "ass-pick" which is not a seasoning I would recommend. Typhoid Mary comes to mind...)

P's recipe ingredients

Now to snuggle up with a good read on a chilly winter's night. Cheers, mates

(edited to remark that the friggin Gimp 2.8 didn't resize my images. Bastard needs to go back in the trunk)

Last edited by mistah willies on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Nice pics, Willies. So using turkey worked out for you?

Just returned from the grocery store. Let's do this thing. It's warm here, so mine will be over ice.

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote: Make Your Own Bullshot

Serves 1

Ingredients

90ml beef consomme
60ml vodka 
(10 -20ml saké or dry sherry, if desired)
A dash of Worcestershire (or dark soy) sauce 
A squeeze of lemon
Tabasco and/or Cayenne pepper
Salt
Freshly ground Black pepper
(Dried chilli flakes, if desired)

Recipe

1) Mix all the ingredients together, adding Tabasco (and/or Cayenne pepper), salt, freshly ground black pepper and dried chilli flakes (if desired) to taste.

2) Shake with cracked ice and strain into a highball glass (NB this drink is supposed to be more boozy than a Bloody Mary but if you would prefer a slightly weaker version, simply add an extra 50ml of the consomme).

3) Repeat.
WARNING. This post is full of bullshot. The weak-minded, timid, and/or vegetarians should move on. This is not the thread you're looking for.

How I built my bullshot (hot climate version). I'm sipping it as I write this.

1) Pint glass full of ice. (Note: the shot of gin is not part of the cocktail, and only served to improve my mixology skills).

2) 45ml x 2 of beef consomme, as specified in the recipe.

75ml of vodka (I'm the bartender, and am giving myself a heavy pour).

15ml quality Junmai-grade sake.

3) Four vigorous shakes of woooooostersheeeere sauce, four shakes of Tobasco, a smidge of lemon, and four hearty shakes of Tajín (pronounced: Tah-HEEN), which is simply red pepper flakes, lime, and salt. And to finish, several grinds of fresh Tellicherry black pepper.

4) Gently stirred, not shaken, and just for the hell of it, strained into an up glass, because... I felt like it.

5) After tasting my creation, I decided it could use some garlic-stuffed olives. Perfection.

Thanks, P. for this wonderful recipe I'd never heard of. Cheers to ye.

I'm going to make another as soon as this one is done, because that consomme isn't going to drink itself.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

All hail Booznik!

I want to go out and buy beef just to make this happen, but will use buillon tonight.

Cheers!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Smatter Noguts wrote:All hail Booznik!

I want to go out and buy beef just to make this happen, but will use buillon tonight.

Cheers!

A drink! to that

yes indeed

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

All hail the Maker of the Bullshot!

In the last 3 days, I have showed this drink to every skeptical friend/acquaintance/spouse who crossed my path, and every, single one has loved it, or at least enjoyed it. This drink is truly great. Meat and alcohol have rarely been so in synch.

Wait...

That's not true.

Regardless, great drink.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Tomrrow, or actually, today, sounds like just the right time for a Bourbosa. But I am still awake. Somebody slap me, and call me Sally, and make me go to sleep.
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Savage wrote:Tomrrow, or actually, today, sounds like just the right time for a Bourbosa. But I am still awake. Somebody slap me, and call me Sally, and make me go to sleep.
Look, Sally. We've been over this before. I don't hit people. But I will hit up your bourbon while you go to sleep.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Gods help me, I can't resist these things. Despite a day of drinking, I'm going to make one now.

Film at 11.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Exact same recipe as before, but now amped up with Cajun squeezed garlic sauce.

Drink! and Reek!

Delicious.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Meaty, beaty, big and bouncy!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice